Thread: DM828 winners

Default DM828 winners

Who else is going on the DM828 hunt? Me and the wife drew tags and will be in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by GAredneck View Post
    Who else is going on the DM828 hunt? Me and the wife drew tags and will be in the area.
    I will be in the area

I will be there also. Now the real question... who's got room for one more...I've got a jet boat but not real familiar with the inboards. I've also got the whole trip chart plotted from the hall road to the hunting grounds. for a prop. My buddy has done it 4 times in his prop and never run aground. also got areial photos and complete set of topo's . Along with "the spots" to hunt. Not 100 percent sure if I need to jump in with someone yet as my buddy drew a kodiak fall hunt in october and he may want to do both just looking for options...Either way this is a great area and lots of moose to be had. PM me if you like and I'll share "some" of what i know...congrats to all who drew...

DOOB

Default dm828

I also won this I put in for a few different hunts which one is this?

Thanks,
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

Quote Originally Posted by BIG 27 View Post
    I also won this I put in for a few different hunts which one is this?

Thanks,
    Koyukuk Moose

one of the best to draw....

Default dilema

I have a flot trip booked with a friend out of kotz for moose this fall and I also drew DM828 what is the better hunt? Anyways Im looking at doing both hunts to increase my odds on taking a nice bull. I haven't shoot anything but meat bulls and looking for a nice moose in the high 50's range to add to the trophy room. Any advice or input would be appreciated I have a 07 Extreme Shallow if anybody is interested in accompany me for this hunt please pm. Or if anybody wants to give me pointers or suggestions on DM828 I would be very thankful. Which hunt is the better hunt kotz float or Koyokuk?

Thanks in Advance, BIG 27
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

Default AKdude

AKdude your buddy has run it in a prop know prob. I run it every year, be carefull the entire river is full of some nasty sandbars, sunkin logs, waves, islands, channels etc. You have to pay attention the entire time. Just some advice on your trip, stay alert and have fun..

Default Kotz for sure

[QUOTE=BIG 27;711730]I have a flot trip booked with a friend out of kotz for moose this fall and I also drew DM828 what is the better hunt?

Go to Kotz, there are no "really big" moose in in the Koyukuk area like out of Kotz

I beg to differ with you on really big moose in 828. I've seen pictures of some monseters...and I've hunted out of Kotz for moose as well.

Default I know that

I think you missed the sarcasim in my last post.

DUHH I see now my bad. lots of spike/forks to be had..

My hunting partner and I also drew the DM 828 tags. We have been planning for a couple of years and got lucky first time we applied.