Thread: Dm802

Default Dm802

Anyone have any info or experiences with this hunt they would like to share. I know where the area is and it looks like there is some private land to deal with, other than that, I have never been on the Yukon before, so any and all info is welcomed

I was looking for info too and got shut out. Maybe you asked nicer than I did. Good luck and maybe I will see you out there. My Brother was drawn for 802. I will get a registration permit so we can hunt together. You thinking about going down the Tanana or from the Yukon Bridge? We are leaning toward the bridge for ease of boating.

We will probably go from the bridge, but I am only in the early stages of planning, so I couldn't say for sure. My brother, dad, and I all got drawn for this hunt, it is going to be awesome.

Default North or South of the river?

I was looking for info on what side of the river to hunt. Obviously, the best bet is to get out of the boat and go looking, but a little heads-up might be nice. You heard anything?

When are you going? Our trip will be Sept 10-20 or 25th.

Anybody else draw this tag?

Me and my hunting partner got the party tags for this area. I talked to a biologist about four years ago and there is a large area open for hunting. When I was looking at this hunt we were planning on flying in to one of the lakes. I hear it is huntable from the river just a little more luck and work involved. Get ahold of the biologist out of tanana/ruby area and he can answer any questions you may have. He did ask me to shoot the predators out there.

I got some maps of the area today and cross referenced them to the maps Doyon has on their website of their private land, looks like plenty of places to hunt, both the south and north sides of the river

Default Native Lands

Thanks for the tip on the Doyon maps. They are online and are on USGS maps to make it easy to find out were NOT to go. That seems like half the battle.

Do you have any references for private lands? I really don't want to be the trespassing white dude, but sometimes it is hard to know what is where.