Thread: DS204 inside of Unit 20A

Default DS204 inside of Unit 20A

I am trying to find out whatever I can about hunting in unit 20A, inside the Delta Controlled Use Area. I'm interested in both sheep and moose. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm also curious about the portion within unit 13B. Thank you.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

IF thats the one i think it is... you best put your efforts on the sheep. One of those delta tags have one of the lowest sucess rates around. 1-2 rams a year some years none.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Yep, forget the moose and concentrate on sheep. Unless you have a bunch of time off and know the area well, you'll be lucky to even get a sheep. A little research goes a long ways.

Thanks
    More specifically, I was wondering about sheep in the Black Rapids-McGinnis Glacier area. The pressure around Charlie Boyd etc., seems to be intense. I'll probably stick to my original plan of flying into the Johnson Glacier area anyway. I was just exploring other options. And yes, I'll obviously concentrate on the sheep.

Default Try

Try this, its a good place to start.
    http://www.wc.adfg.state.ak.us/index...fg=sheep.delta
    Alaska Mountin' Man Taxidermy
    North Pole, Ak 99705
    (907) 488-7083

Yeah, I already looked at that and most everything else on the internet. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Yeah, I already looked at that and most everything else on the internet. Thanks.
    Sounds like you got it nailed down If all goes to plan I can shoot you GPS coordinates to a gut pile around the 20th