Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Hair spray and your bear rug?

  1. #1
    New member AKDSLDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska/Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    1,234

    Default Hair spray and your bear rug?

    Here's a question for you all. Anyone ever use hair spray on your bear rug mounts? Do you think it would hurt it? My bear has a beautiful fall 6" plus thick hair. Hanging on the wall the hair likes to relax, hang down. Any thoughts or idea's?

  2. #2

    Talking

    If this works, let me know 'cause I have one with some flanks that are real shy on hair and was thinking about using Rogaine on it.

    Seriously, I would test it out on a piece of cheap fur. It might become a real dust collector.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Soldonta, Alaska
    Posts
    315

    Default Thin Hair

    I used some black spray paint on the thin flank area and that was several years ago and still looks great.

  4. #4
    New member AKDSLDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska/Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    No one has tgis problem with a thick haired mount? Huh! Interesting...........

  5. #5
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    curt i run a vacuum over them weekly thats it. yeah the hair will sag but i found it tend to be dust on it that makes it the worst...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  6. #6
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chinookee2004 View Post
    I used some black spray paint on the thin flank area and that was several years ago and still looks great.
    if you stay up late and catch the infomercials.. you can get the Hair in a can to spray on there....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  7. #7
    Member skydiver_99654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla,Alaska
    Posts
    377

    Default

    I just usually part the hair on my bear down the middle and feather it on the sides...

  8. #8
    Moderator stid2677's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks Area
    Posts
    7,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skydiver_99654 View Post
    I just usually part the hair on my bear down the middle and feather it on the sides...
    That sound like me as a teenager.. LOL

    My taxidermist recommended rotating the bear ever so often to keep the hair straight.

    Steve

  9. #9
    Member sharksinthesalsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    wasilla ak
    Posts
    640

    Default

    the vacuum works good and so does an air compressor.....never use hair spray...its like glue and flammable
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

  10. #10
    Member AlaskaTrueAdventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Paradise (Alaska)
    Posts
    1,543

    Talking Pepper Spray...

    Steve, concerning your post #10 above...
    Do not use Pepper Spray from your Pepper Spray Gun on your mounted bears.
    I do not recommend using hair spray either.

    dennis

  11. #11
    Member Huntress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there.....
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    That sound like me as a teenager.. LOL

    My taxidermist recommended rotating the bear ever so often to keep the hair straight.

    Steve
    Same here. Curt, we just rotate them from time to time. The hair eventually falls the other way.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •