Thread: Draw permits for transfer.

Default Draw permits for transfer.

I don't believe there is anyway, but could a draw permit be transferred or sold? Just curious!
    What are some of the thoughts on this idea? I mean there is a lot of complaining on here about it being rigged.
    Why not make the permits success rate go up by, by making them available to people that will actually have the opportunity/$$$$ to use them?
    Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.
    - General George S. Patton

Default Transfer...

No.

Draw permits can not be transfered or sold.

And if they could, somebody with a fistfull of cash would have 300 (?) other people apply for those high demand sheep permits.

And as for the permits that get wasted...many times while hiking Eagle River in years past I would encounter "very round" astonished male hikers who were visually scouting the high country, the ram country, so that their spouses could use the permits they won. I remember one time a guy was in the "dead roach position", laying flat on his back at the four mile point east of Eagle River visiters center. Keep in mind that he, I mean his spouse, would have to go another two miles of flat trail before he and she got to where they could climb up into sheep country and legally shoot a ram.

Twice I have known guys whose daughters, one nine and one eleven years old, had drawn Chugach ram permits. Neither of those children shot rams. And trust this...the Chugach is some rough ram country. I would never consider taking children up into that country unless they were very physical and athletic young teens.

Anyway, plenty of permits do get wasted...

dennis

Not positive but pretty sure that is illegal here. Personally I kinda think a person should not apply for a permit they do not intend on hunting themselves.
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

Allowing transfer would only decrease your chance of drawing even more because everyone and their brother would apply in anticipation of making big money on selling the permit on ebay.

Can you imagine; when someone finds out they could sell their Tok permit for several thousand dollars (or probably more); everyone would be applying.

However, it would ensure the permits would get used. If someone was to buy one for thousands of bucks...then they were more likely go.

I think we have the best system in place for Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by sledhands View Post
    Why not make the permits success rate go up by, by making them available to people that will actually have the opportunity/$$$$ to use them?
    This idea has been addressed many times before. The short answer is... Because if either the hunt rate or the success rate went up, the number of permits issued would have to be reduced in order to keep the harvest the same. It's a wash.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you can’t tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Default Transfer

here is one circumstance it is allowed it is tier II

Permits are not transferable to another person , with the following exceptions;

Active duty military personnel deployed to a combat zone who are unable to use their tier!! permit may transfer their permit to a substitute hunter who is a resident of alaska. Transfer forms are available by contacting the permit hunt administrator, ADF&G, Division of Wildlife Conservation, 333 raspberry Rd.,Anchorage,AK 99518-1599 Phone 9907)267-2246, or online at www.wildlife.alaska.gov
    Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.
    - General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by sledhands View Post

Coming soon to a convention center near you. Bring the checkbook and some breath mints
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·..¸¸ ><((((º>`·.¸¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery