Thread: Fort Rich Muzzle loader

Default Fort Rich Muzzle loader

Anybody have any insight on the Fort Rich muzzle loader hunt ? I see 2008's harvest was I think 42 or 46 % I could not find anything in the forum search on FT Rich ecept the thread about the rifle range

Thanks
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default Well

Alot folks who put in for the Ft Rich tag should of also considered this 4/25 is back so alot of the land will probably be shut down due to training. I know I know then everyone will start crying the blues and start screaming conspiracy charges as well. So this year will probably be a little harder to get access to land. I had a buddy who did the Archery hunt and he said never again the hunt is not worth it the onyl good thing it is close to the house that is about it. Also alot of you better cross your fingers and hope like hell base re-allignment relaxes the rules on the use of 4 wheelers. Best advice is for you to get ahold the range control folks, as you know you will have to a proficiency shoot with yoru muzzleloader same as archery hunters... Their are only two dates if you miss them you are SOL. Again call Ft Rich they can get you on the right track.

Thanks for the info ,was not even aware you could take wheelers.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks for the info ,was not even aware you could take wheelers.

As of right now you can't use 4 wheelers for the hunt. It seems most folks just drive around and do good ol road hunting. Some will actually get out and beat the brush, Then you will read the posts where they have to call 20 of thier buddies so at leat 3-4 show up lol. With training areas being used this year finding open land will be hard... Alot of folks should of sat back and looked at the big picture with the 4/25 back and then prepping for another deployment. Training areas will be be getting utilized alot this year and next year as well