Thread: Halibut Bay Brown Bear Hunting

Default Halibut Bay Brown Bear Hunting

Drew a tag for Brown Bear in DB 214 (Halibut Bay area) . Can anyone offer any advice about the area? Also how is the deer hunting there?

Default Good

Deer Hunting Good there, pretty hefty size and healthy. Also keep an eye out (as in, get tags) for the Caribou herd that wanders that end of the island, kind of mysterious bunch of critters but, if you saw them you'd be glad you had tags I think.

I don't know much about the Bears as I haven't hunted them but that is their territory for sure, can't imagine a better tag to draw

Hope you do well all around down there, bring your wind hat
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    Deer Hunting Good there, pretty hefty size and healthy. Also keep an eye out (as in, get tags) for the Caribou herd that wanders that end of the island, kind of mysterious bunch of critters but, if you saw them you'd be glad you had tags I think.

I don't know much about the Bears as I haven't hunted them but that is their territory for sure, can't imagine a better tag to draw

Hope you do well all around down there, bring your wind hat
    Thanks for the heads up on the Caribou. I had forgotten about the heard over there.