Thread: Make my drive worthwhile

Default Make my drive worthwhile

Hey all I am driving down to Wasilla (from Fbnks) this weekend for a conference. I only agreed to speak at this thing because I thought it would be fun to fish in Mat-Su but now I am hearing that open water fishing won't be going yet. I was planning on leaving Fri Apr 16th giving me the weekend to play before the Tue-Wed conference. That being said I have some time so I thought maybe I should drive farther down maybe to the Kenai or Seward? I don't really care about the species and I really don't care about the size just would love to go somewhere that I can get a good amount of action on a rod. Here are some other specifics.

- I would be fishing with a spinning rod (no fly rod but could borrow one but have never been fly fishing before)

- Not opposed to the idea of ice fishing if that is best I have just never been. I can rent stuff from the Army post here but would have no idea where/when to go.

Thanks for your help

They were hitting pretty good today at the sportsman show. Since you can drive you might be a little to old for that fishery. Best of luck finding a place. Not sure if I would trust the lakes right now.