Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Alaska Here I come!!

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    WY
    Posts
    4

    Default Alaska Here I come!!

    I drew out on a DM980 bull moose colville river watch out! I have wanted to hunt in AK my whole life! I just might stay!

  2. #2
    Moderator kingfisherktn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    4,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wy-hunter View Post
    I drew out on a DM980 bull moose colville river watch out! I have wanted to hunt in AK my hole life! I just might stay!
    The "hole" time?

  3. #3
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    WY
    Posts
    4

    Talking

    OK kingfish you are my Saviour!!

  4. #4

    Thumbs up

    Bring Money. We like large bills! Easy hunt, but the bulls along there are about what you would expect to get down in WY.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Member martentrapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks, Ak.
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    I'm assuming you had some idea what you would be getting into when you applied for this permit? Upper colville won't look anything like your used to there I think. Wide open tundra, rolling hills. Going to be an expensive flight from Bettles, or somewhere along the haul road.
    But you will truly have a "wilderness" hunt.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

  6. #6
    Member jeff p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    375

    Default

    DM980; Is this still a non motorized hunt, including transportation, of course if you fly to a public airport & plan to hunt from there it would be ok. Looks like it might have changed. I thought most of the area was native corp land though. Interesting choice for permit

  7. #7
    Member AK Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    2,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff p View Post
    DM980; Is this still a non motorized hunt, including transportation, of course if you fly to a public airport & plan to hunt from there it would be ok. Looks like it might have changed. I thought most of the area was native corp land though. Interesting choice for permit
    Actually that permit excludes the controlled use area, so he can fly over it and hunt on all the ASRC owned land to the west.

    Bushwacker air from the Shelf will get him in to the few square miles of BLM or state land he can hunt.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •