Thread: Alaska Here I come!!

Default Alaska Here I come!!

I drew out on a DM980 bull moose colville river watch out! I have wanted to hunt in AK my whole life! I just might stay!

Quote Originally Posted by wy-hunter View Post
    I drew out on a DM980 bull moose colville river watch out! I have wanted to hunt in AK my hole life! I just might stay!
    The "hole" time?

Talking

OK kingfish you are my Saviour!!

Thumbs up

Bring Money. We like large bills! Easy hunt, but the bulls along there are about what you would expect to get down in WY.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

I'm assuming you had some idea what you would be getting into when you applied for this permit? Upper colville won't look anything like your used to there I think. Wide open tundra, rolling hills. Going to be an expensive flight from Bettles, or somewhere along the haul road.
    But you will truly have a "wilderness" hunt.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

DM980; Is this still a non motorized hunt, including transportation, of course if you fly to a public airport & plan to hunt from there it would be ok. Looks like it might have changed. I thought most of the area was native corp land though. Interesting choice for permit

Quote Originally Posted by jeff p View Post
    DM980; Is this still a non motorized hunt, including transportation, of course if you fly to a public airport & plan to hunt from there it would be ok. Looks like it might have changed. I thought most of the area was native corp land though. Interesting choice for permit
    Actually that permit excludes the controlled use area, so he can fly over it and hunt on all the ASRC owned land to the west.

Bushwacker air from the Shelf will get him in to the few square miles of BLM or state land he can hunt.