Thread: Yamaha generators

Default Yamaha generators

Anyone using a Yamaha generator like they sell at Costco? I'm just curious if they're as quiet and dependable as a Honda.

Default yami generators

I have listened to both the Yamaha and Honda gensets side by side (2000 watt inverter series) and the Honda is much quieter. Don't know about larger sizes. As far as dependability I don't think that ANYONE can come close to Honda's reliability in any small engine application.

Just my .02 cents worth.

I have two of the Yamahas.They are all the 1000W units. The Yamahas can be hooked together to up the output. Pretty handy. I can't tell any difference in sound between the Yamaha and Honda.

The Hondas I've used have always been reliable.

I ended up with the Yamaha because it was available when I needed one. It worked well enough to justify buying another over buying a Honda.

In summary, no complaints or regrets over buying the Yamaha. The fishapalooza folks who guaranteed a lynching for any generator use didn't even know mine was running (daily).
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Default yamaha

We have had the 2400 on a rack, behind our camper for a couple of years now. We have used it hard, even with the beating it took up and back on the Alcan, it always starts with one pull. I use a suction pump to change the oil on a regular basis, but have never done anything else to it. I know Hondas are good but, my wife are always talking about what a great buy the Yamaha has been.

I sold them for 4 years. They are great! As good as a Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Phish Finder View Post
    I have two of the Yamahas.They are all the 1000W units. The Yamahas can be hooked together to up the output. Pretty handy. I can't tell any difference in sound between the Yamaha and Honda.

The Hondas I've used have always been reliable.

I ended up with the Yamaha because it was available when I needed one. It worked well enough to justify buying another over buying a Honda.

In summary, no complaints or regrets over buying the Yamaha. The fishapalooza folks who guaranteed a lynching for any generator use didn't even know mine was running (daily).
    Being a poor civil servant I ended up with an off brand model that is louder than those nice quiet inverter deals. I will be running it daily this year as I gotta fire up the bean grinder and espresso machine.
    And just for Chuck I will disconect the muffler and point it at his campsite!!!!

FYI, the Yamaha and Honda are comparable machines in volume, quality and durability.

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    I will be running it daily this year as I gotta fire up the bean grinder and espresso machine. And just for Chuck I will disconect the muffler and point it at his campsite!!!!
    I won't mind. I'll be listening to the surround sound in the Blaze-a-Bago. Man, I love a cold beer, a shot of whiskey, a vaporizer, and Conway Twitty jamming after a day of fishing with buddies. Then, I'll step out, come over to your camp and keep you up all night just like last year

You can always substitute Allman Brothers, Black Keys, Yonder Mountain, etc... for Conway Twitty. It all depends on who I was fishing with that day.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Default Yamahahaha!

Thanks for the input all. I think I might try the Yamaha, for the price.

Sounds like even if I do go that route, I should bring the old Coleman to the Russian River Campground in Sept. if for no other reason than to annoy Chuck and the gang. I only got to spend one night at the palooza last year, so didn't get to sufficiently leave my mark Hopefully I'll have a couple more days this year.

What fun is life, if you can't annoy folks?

Quote Originally Posted by Scottsum View Post
    Thanks for the input all. I think I might try the Yamaha, for the price.

Sounds like even if I do go that route, I should bring the old Coleman to the Russian River Campground in Sept. if for no other reason than to annoy Chuck and the gang. I only got to spend one night at the palooza last year, so didn't get to sufficiently leave my mark Hopefully I'll have a couple more days this year.

What fun is life, if you can't annoy folks?

Come on down!!!
    We need more targets for the 44 MAG!!!!