Thread: Drew DM 774

Default Drew DM 774

As many are, I'm looking for suggestions. I have never hunted that area before and could use some insights into access, your past experiences, general thoughts and ideas, etc. Anything that would help fill the freezer would be appreciated. Plan on doing at least a ten day hunt, probably by myself. I've done a fair share of moose hunting and lots of solo hunts throughout the state.
    Thanks in advance. Private emails would be welcome.

Most people do not know where DM 774 is.

I know, and was very excited when I was drawn. All I can say is plan on some company in that area.

I also drew this hunt. Looking for any information on access through Ahtna land. Also, anybody have any pictures of successful hunts in this area?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Rutting Moose View Post
    Most people do not know where DM 774 is.
    walk in or horse back only yanert CUA heres the link

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index...p=dm774&gmu=20
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

My fiance and I hunted the Yanert CUA last year. She drew the permit and we went out the last week of the season. We shuttled in using Hudson Air out of Talkeetna, they flew us in past Louis Creek up toward the glacier. The temps dropped to 19-20 at night and had 3 days of intense snow. Only saw a group on horses going in and going out with some plane traffic over the river. Only saw one bull past legal light outside our tent, but never showed itself during legal light. That was the only moose we saw in 7 days. Absolutely beautiful area, and had a great trip.

Quote Originally Posted by chrism View Post
    My fiance and I hunted the Yanert CUA last year. She drew the permit and we went out the last week of the season. We shuttled in using Hudson Air out of Talkeetna, they flew us in past Louis Creek up toward the glacier. The temps dropped to 19-20 at night and had 3 days of intense snow. Only saw a group on horses going in and going out with some plane traffic over the river. Only saw one bull past legal light outside our tent, but never showed itself during legal light. That was the only moose we saw in 7 days. Absolutely beautiful area, and had a great trip.
    FYI, If I'm not mistaken unlike the lower 48 there are nor shooting hours (except waterfowl) in Alaska. If you see it you can shoot it, unless your using a light to see it!