Thread: Personal Firearm Record

Default Personal Firearm Record

Not sure if anyone needs this but here is a pretty good form for recording your firearms. I have all mine recorded and was surprised at the number I had aquired over the years. I thought this might be helpful since another member just had a gun stolen. Having the serial numbers handy might help with the recovery. Mark

Good idea to keep a record at the house and a copy in the car incase the house burns.

Default Thanx

Markopolo50, thanx for the form, just printed off two copys. This is a great idea.

I got one of those with all the stuff that came with my C&R.

Pretty handy to have.
    Now what ?

Default I use the Internet

I use the internet to store mine. I did this for one reason, I figure if they were ever stolen...I wouldn't be home and the neighbors would be contacting me, therefore; I needed to get the list from anywhere in the world. I suppose if someone was ineterested in doing it this way, I could provide the php file that I use, and all you would have to do is to find a site to host your site that has a MySql database. Works pretty good.

Just pdf the completed form and store it as an attachment in an email message to yourself. You can access it from anywhere through your email web access. (If you don't have web access to your email, just open a gmail account)

BTW, it's also a good idea to store pictures of every gun (and other valuables). You can easily do that with an online email account, too.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!