Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: Legislature rejects Barrette (Merged Threads)

  1. #1
    Member AlpineEarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Usually somewhere I don't want to be.
    Posts
    408

    Default Legislature rejects Barrette (Merged Threads)

    Looks like the Legislature rejected Al Barrette for the BOG.

    http://www.adn.com/2010/04/09/121925...ame-board.html

  2. #2
    RMK
    Guest

    Default Indeed they did

    He got the thumbs down in both chambers of the legislature.

  3. #3
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,396

    Default

    Whoa. I can't say that I expected that.

    Does anyone know what the history is of the legislature voting down BoG nominees? Seems like they usually get the rubber stamp, but I could be off on that perception.

  4. #4
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    think it has happend to the BOF once before.... well there was a TON of ANTI's lined up against him after the Denali buffer zone went away... and thats what this is all about... now the BOG vote is 3-3 on it... but still sunset...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  5. #5

    Default BOG

    Al Barrette was rejected today by the state legislature from serving on the BOG. This is an unfortunate situation and we should all email or call governor Parnell and urge that he appoint another hunter or trapper to the board.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    731

    Default if you want a good laugh...

    check out the comment section under the adn story on line. it's hard to believe these people are allowed to vote and drive a car.

  7. #7
    Member Alaskanmutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    947

    Default Sad part is

    they breed.

  8. #8
    Member Alaskanmutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    947

    Default Sigh

    Parnell game board pick rejected after wolf-skinning video surfaces
    by Jeremy Hsieh
    The Associated Press
    Friday, April 9, 2010

    JUNEAU, Alaska -- The Legislature has rejected the appointment of Al Barrette to the Board of Game.

    The appointment came into question after the 44-year-old Fairbanks man was seen in an Internet video skinning a wolf and citing the Bible to explain man's dominion over animals.

    Gov. Sean Parnell in February appointed Barrette to the seven-member board that regulates Alaska's vast wildlife resources.

    Critics said Barrette's decisions consistently favor one group -- hunters -- regardless of scientific data and public sentiment.


    http://www.youtube.com/v/u_E_Ocr1h4o

  9. #9

    Default

    What did he say or do that was wrong in that video to warrant this?

  10. #10

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by futurerancher View Post
    What did he say or do that was wrong in that video to warrant this?
    Skin a wolf = Politics
    Cite the Bible = Religion

    Result BANNED

    Bottom line, if you want to succeed you have to be willing to be a closet hunter/trapper. Not that many years ago, the entire legislature would have been recalled for stunts like this, today is it expected. This speaks volumes of where the minds of our citizens are.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  11. #11
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Denali Buffer zone crowd strikes again...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  12. #12

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Denali Buffer zone crowd strikes again...
    I sorta figured that decision was going to be unpopular with them. He did what was right and voted his concience. That is all we could have asked for. They actually did him a favor though, who would these days want to spend that much time and energy on matters that aren't appreciated?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Member Hoyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    This is terrible. Another example of how quickly these anti's can gather strength and shut things down. All hunters and trappers should take notice of this. We need to get some of these bozo's out of the political arena.

  15. #15
    Member willphish4food's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Willow, AK
    Posts
    3,368

    Default

    Say what you will about the AOC: they sent out an alert to membership to both testify on Al's behalf, and also to write a letter to the legislature in his support, with the news that letters were about 8-1 against him... we have ourselves to blame, hunters... get involved!

  16. #16
    Member Hoyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    I agree 100%.

  17. #17
    Member martentrapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks, Ak.
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    There has been a couple no votes in the past. Back in the 90's, Tony Knowles appointed a photographer guy who "said" he was a hunter. If I remember correctly, he was an Ak. Wildlife Alliance member too. Like Barrette, he attended one meeting, then was voted down.
    Another guy, also appointed by Knowles, was a known anti trapper. He was a former ADF&G employee and other F&G guys in Juneau put the word out. Legislature was informed and he withdrew his name before a vote.
    I don't remember either of these guys names.
    I think Barrette would have been good. Glad to see a well experienced trapper appointed. Kinda surprised he wasn't voted in, but it was a close vote.
    Wonder who the next appointee will be?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

  18. #18
    Member bushrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Now residing in Fairbanks from the bush
    Posts
    4,363

    Default Thanks Al...

    Not sure if Al ever reads this forum, but wanted to thank him sincerely for his service on the Fbks AC and for being willing to serve on the Board of Game.

    Even though he and I don't agree on some issues, gotta hand it to anyone who is willing to get involved, and take the flak that BOG members do.

  19. #19
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    You can blame yourselves if you want willphish4food and hoyt, you could even blame Als hunting and trapping practices and beliefs, but in my opinion none of these reasons are why he got rejected. Its because he quoted the Bible plain and simple. Democrat or socialist (same thing) Bill Wielchowski and the rest of the left are on a all out blitz to destroy anything to do w/ Christianity, (look at the assault on the Catholic Church). Watch the comments fly lambasting me for this post lol. The very people that chastise me for bringing up religion or politics in this forum are the people you better watch. They have the agenda that the lesbians of Vermont have been diligently working on for decades. I can't wait for Anchorages annual "Pride Parade" in July recognizing gay and lesbian rights and encouraging our young alaskans to "embrace diversity" I wonder if the illustrious Sen. Begich has time for some input on how we could get a more diverse game board?
    Moral of this post----its all in the hands of the voters

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Yukon Canada
    Posts
    1,289

    Default bible

    your probably right fullbush, anyone who quotes the bible nowdays is going to get it from somewhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •