Thread: Whittier Parking

Default Whittier Parking

Does anyone have experience leaving a boat in Whitttier for the season. We have a 26' Hewes. I know there is a large lot there. Does anyone know the price or if there are other options. I looked on-line and can't find any info. Thanks in advance. : )

I want to say it was about $470 with taxes last year. I've been leaving mine down there the last few years and just bring it back to do maint. a few times a summer. I haven't had any problems with any thing getting stolen but I do take most of the spendy stuff home with me or at least hide it out of site. I left a halibut rod in a rod holder on the side of my boat and it was still there the next week.
    Dave

Does any body know if the parking lot has been plowed and ready for this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by whatablast View Post
    Does any body know if the parking lot has been plowed and ready for this weekend?
    Probably not yet. They let you park near the Harbor until the lot gets cleared out. For a fee of course.

I was there a couple weeks back and noticed that the normal lot we park at was at least 4 feet deep. Unlikely we'll be able to park there until at least the beginning of May. Until the back lot opens, the harbor master's office runs the parking show. They have a drop box for the fee if you get there while they are closed. Fees are identical to what the back lot charges. I am thinking that the front lot (near ramps) is going be filled quickly due to the combination of both the sport guys and commercial folks getting out for the opener this next weekend. I'll be showing up on the 17th to join the mayhem. Should be interesting to say the least!

Anyone know is the lot is open yet? If so, how much are they charging for a season parking pass this year?

I talked to a friend that was down there yesterday. He said that the lot is open, and the price for season parking has gone up to $500. I don't know if this is the exact price, but it is in the ballpark.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

yep its 500, I already gave Gwen the check, that plus the 340 it cost to get thru the tunnel. Looks like they already got a pretty good chunk outta my butt and I havn't even left the harbor yet. grrrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    yep its 500, I already gave Gwen the check, that plus the 340 it cost to get thru the tunnel. Looks like they already got a pretty good chunk outta my butt and I havn't even left the harbor yet. grrrrr!
    Is that $500 plus the tax?

Wow...$500...

So you'd have to park there a minimum of 50 days to recoup your cost (not taking into account towing & tunnel costs). Not sure it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Wow...$500...

So you'd have to park there a minimum of 50 days to recoup your cost (not taking into account towing & tunnel costs). Not sure it's worth it.
    Alot of us leave our boats down there May thru Sept. If you look at it that way it's only $100 a month. I usually only bring my boat back a couple times to do routine maint. on it. If I was towing back and forth I doubt I would buy it.

Cheaper to go through the tunnel w/o the boat and you save fuel as well, so you'd be $'s ahead if you go out 10 weekends a summer.

I seem to split it up between Whittier and Seward so haven't gotten the season launch pass or parking permit.

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post

$340 to go through the tunnel?

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/