Thread: Do not forget!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default Do not forget!

even though much of this will be different after JUly 1

all the current regs and reporting are still required as well the use of a harvest ticket .. that cam NEW last fall...not only to south east region 1 but paortions of south centrial and interior also... remember to review your regs.. i know for sure unit 20 up here in the interior requires them...

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=news.main

April 7, 2010 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    BLACK BEAR HARVEST TICKETS REQUIRED

Beginning in fall 2009 a harvest ticket is required for all black bear hunting in Southeast, Alaska. Harvest ticket reports will assist the department in collecting needed information about black bear hunting effort and success rates.

o
    Harvest tickets can be picked up at sporting goods vendors and some fish and game offices.
    o
    Harvest ticket report cards should be returned to Fish and Game within 30 days of taking a black bear or at the time of sealing. If a black bear is not taken, report cards should be returned within 15 days of the end of the season.
    o
    Black bear hides and skulls must be sealed within 30 days of harvest, however presenting the hide and skull to an official sealing officer does not substituted for the harvest ticket reporting requirement mentioned above.
    o
    Black bear salvage requirements are unchanged.
    Black bear hunters should check with local wildlife offices for area specific information concerning seasons, bag limits, salvage requirements, and harvest ticket or permit requirements.
    Please call the Douglas Area office at (907) 465-4265 for more information.

#####
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I talked to Tony Kavalok the unit 16 bio in Palmer. He told me if you are hunting over bait in a 16b then you have to have a predator control permit and did not need harvest tickets. I don't know if that goes for all predator control areas or not.
    Chuck

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by hiline View Post
    I talked to Tony Kavalok the unit 16 bio in Palmer. He told me if you are hunting over bait in a 16b then you have to have a predator control permit and did not need harvest tickets. I don't know if that goes for all predator control areas or not.
    good point... PAYS to check !!! and the tags are avalible online.. to print
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here