Thread: Barrel Planters

Default Barrel Planters

Do any of you gardener guru's know where to get those enormous barrel planters at? I'm in Fairbanks, and my wife and I would like a few for our kids to plant flowers in. Thanks.

Jeremiah

Hey there. I'm in North Pole. Wait just a bit longer and start looking at Lowe's. That's where I got my 2 a couple of years ago. I think they were like 26.00 a piece or something. Home Depot may have them also once it gets a bit warmer, but I don't recall seeing any there and I do more shopping there than at Lowe's. Yet, every summer I see them sitting out by the garden center at Lowe's. I think they will get them in when it gets a bit warmer and the garden centers start to pick up some.

Thanks. My wife and I are obviously not gardeners yet, but we'd like to be. I sort of assumed that the various box stores and green houses would have them, but I don't know anything yet. We are building on our property this summer so we don't have enough time and money to start gardening this year. Instead we are going to start off with a few little planters and go from there.

Jeremiah

Starting off with some raised beds isn't a bad idea either. It may be cheaper than the big barrel planters. You can use some 2X8's or something and add some soil and compost in them. It may give you more room than the barrels also and may be cheaper. I don't do the raised beds as I have a large area tilled up, but raised beds do great here from what I hear. If you have any other questions, just ask. Everyone here is eager to help out with what they know. Good luck!