Thread: Seaport with flybridge

Default Seaport with flybridge

My family being Me my brother and father are thinking about buying a seasport one of these two boats just wondering if someone of there had one of these type of boats and what they thought of them. Any advise is great and thanks alot Mike

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/1670013013.html

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/1673350847.html

Lots of people like the Sea Sports and there well built boats. Both boats look like good deals. I'd be a leary of the condition of the 43diesel. I'd stay away from the Sea Sport with twins. You'll be repower that one in no time. If your in Anchorage talk to Dave from AK Boat Brokers he may be able to help you find a good boat. He's got a 30 Osprey for a smoking deal. The Boat is in Great shape it has twin Volvo d-6's with low hours. The Owners are selling it to get into a BAMF and trying to unload it fast.

SeaSport has a balsa-cored hull. This can make for a very stiff hull, which is a good thing. Problem is, if any through-hull or external hull penetrations below the waterline are done incorrectly (poorly sealed), water can wick into the balsa and waterlog it.

I'd buy one that spent its life on a trailer, but I'd have some reservations about buying one that spent its life moored. Find one without bottom paint...it's probably trailer-bound.
    If you really must have one that's spent time in a marina, have a surveyor check all thru-hulls for water intrusion. This will cost you some money prior to purchasing the boat.

Do you want to camp in it or fish? Sea Sports have different size cabins and decks. Before you make any decisions at all decide what your primary use would be and go from there.
    Tennessee

Thanks for the reply guys and any advise is great.

I don't own a Seasport but would definitely like too some day. I do have a good friend that has the 27' fly bridge model and loves it. His is trailered and he keeps it garaged when not in use and is babied when in use. Someone is going to get a hell of a nice boat if and when he ever sells it.

As for the boat with the KAD43 motor in it, I guide for a lodge that runs a fleet of Almars with this motor in them. They are great motors and very reliable for the most part, that being said our mechanics have been trying to get management to retire them and repower with newer motors, ours are getting tired and parts are getting harder to find, and being Volvo, parts ain't cheap.
    The boat I've run for the last 8 years has the original motor in it (1998) and its got somewhere between 2500 and 3000 hours on it. I was told at the end of last season that it would be rebuilt over the winter, this will be the first rebuild for this motor.