Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: STOLEN GUN! 44 Henry Rifle Tues/Wed Wasilla-Reward!

Default STOLEN GUN! 44 Henry Rifle Tues/Wed Wasilla-Reward!

Well, I keep forgetting that I don't live in the bush anymore and had my son and wife's 44 Henry stolen out of my truck, along with the gun boot, Tues or Wed. My 7 year old loved shooting that gun and so did my wife. She won it at the Safari Club Dinner in Kenai a couple of years ago. It either happened at the Wasilla WalMart or at my place on the Palmer/Wasilla Highway.

We are going to file the police report tonight, and get it into the system as stolen. It just sucks, and my fault for leaving it in the truck. I guess I'm to ignorant to understand why anyone would steal anything....

Anyhow, this thing has the gold breach, but plate and everything, and really really stands out. If anyone tries to peddle it, it should stand out.

I'm offering $100 for the safe return of it, and $300 if you bring it back WITH the guy that stole it.

Thanks for your help. This is probably not the right place to post it, but mods can move it whereever it should be. This is just the most popular place.

Thanks,
    Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    I'm offering $100 for the safe return of it, and $300 if you bring it back WITH the guy that stole it.

Thanks,
    Claude
    I like the way you think.

I hate it when bad things happen to good people. Sorry about about your "bad luck".

I recommend some dilligence on your part and check with all the pawn shops in the area; and keep at it. Good to be getting the word out early.

I hope you get it back.

Angry

Just have to Speak Out against this stuff happening. This is as lowdown as it gets. I hope it is found and returned in good shape. Sorry to hear of your loss and hope the perp gets found.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Thieves....the worst scum there is....i hope you recover the gun and i hope that the guy gets what he has comin

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    Thieves....the worst scum there is....i hope you recover the gun and i hope that the guy gets what he has comin
    Couldn't have said it better. What happened to having respect for others and taking pride in the way you live? Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Claude, and hope that you're able to recover the gun.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

well report it right away incase its used in a crime! man the valley trash just keeps gettin sweeter and sweeter! wasilla has turned into a sesspool since 1984, past sutton and north of houston are still good tho.
    Semper Fi!

Default Walmart has cameras

Check and see if Walmart will let you view the camera tapes from that day and time.....I believe the cameras cover the whole lot.

.......could be one of them greenies, they target trucks with gun racks and such.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

good luck claude!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Call all the pawn shops

Make sure you call all the pawn shops in the valley in case they pawned the guns before you reported them stolen if you need the phone numbers i can get them for you

Wink

Too bad you are not sure of the location. It would be productive to set up a Sting Operation, with decoys and game cam. It probably isn't their first rodeo.

Also if you are an NRA Member, you have at least a little dab of insurance on the rifle.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default pictures

Do you have any and is there anything special about the rifle? IE... scratch somewhere, ingraved with anything, do you have the serial number to share? I hope that you get the guy!!!

Default Thanks everyone!

Skybust, I'd love to get that list from you if you have it handy.

I'm a lifetime NRA member... I guess I never knew there was insurance for that. I'll look into that right away.

There's not much on it. It was pretty much brand new. Although carrying it in my gun boot all winter put some small rust blotches on it.

Just got the serial number from the Impact Area in Soldotna. It is BB28517.

Again, it's a 44 Mag Henry Big Boy. Gold hardware. A picture of one here:

Thanks for the help guys! I like the idea of a sting operation... wow would that be fun to catch someone stealing anything....
    Attached Images Attached Images

gosh darn thats a pretty lookin rifle!

i think the sting operation would be an awesome idea.

Release Lake Trout

Default try this

keep your eye out on http://alaskaslist.com/. you never know it might show up. good luck getting her back!!

Dude! That sucks bigtime. Im off tomorrow (Fri) and I'll make my rounds around fairbanks at the pawn shops for you. Daniel.

Default Gun

Now that sux. Take the time to visit those pawn shops and ask about it. Some of the shops in wasilla are known for buying shall we say suspect goods. Definately report it never know may get it back right away or ten years down the road. good luck

PS I hate thieves
    Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.
    - General George S. Patton

Default A good reminder

I need to pull everything out of my safe and corners to photograph and document each one. I had a list of model and S/N of most guns, but bet it is way oudated.
    I guess I should add support equipment like binos, GPS, rangefinders, etc to that list too. With todays digital cameras it is easy to get all the info a guy needs and store it in multiple places like a hard drive and thumb drive that can be kept in a fire proof safe.
    Would not hurt to get info off all the canoes, skiffs, etc in the yard too.

Keep us posted as to anything you find out or hear. Sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    I need to pull everything out of my safe and corners to photograph and document each one. I had a list of model and S/N of most guns, but bet it is way oudated.
    I guess I should add support equipment like binos, GPS, rangefinders, etc to that list too. With todays digital cameras it is easy to get all the info a guy needs and store it in multiple places like a hard drive and thumb drive that can be kept in a fire proof safe.
    Would not hurt to get info off all the canoes, skiffs, etc in the yard too.

Keep us posted as to anything you find out or hear. Sorry for your loss.
    Did this recently. Took high resolution pics of all our junk (guns, jewelry..etc. ) then assured they got backed up to the carbonite servers..Will be there until this internet fad is over.

Default Update! Possibly Found!

Well, I put an add on Alaska's List last night hoping to be able to find a .44 Henry to Buy for my son, and a couple of hours ago I got a call from Sourdough Pawn & Gun in Wasilla. He described the gun perfectly to me. I sent my wife down to look at it, but she was unable to find the serial number, but she remembered the small blemishes and my son almost blurted out "That's my gun!" before my wife did a karate chop back hand on him! Gotta love 7 year olds.... I'm sure that would have been fine, but I told her to go out and wait in the parking lot and call the police.....

Not 100%, but gotta be 90% sure at this point.. how many of those could possibly be out there??

They have the gun proudly displayed on top the glass with a price tag of $590.00.

Keepin' my fingers crossed!!

Claude

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast