Thread: leupold boone crockett

Default leupold boone crockett

does anyone own a Leupold with the boone/crocket recticle for range finding?? I just bought one for a 35 whelen I have coming and am having a hard time understanding exactly how it works. This scope is a 2.5 to 8 power and was used so I dont have the manual??

You can download the manual online from Leupolds website.

I've had one for several years and it does work but its a PITA. I tend to use it like a straight duplex most of the time.

You use the top hash as a standard rangefinding "power ring" reticle and then you set the power to the appropriate delta (the little triangles on the power ring) and then you're set to shoot with the holdover marks.

Highly suggest you look at the manual as the setup is not the least bit intuitive and there is a pretty extensive chart as to which cartridge and bullet weight you're using.

http://www.gunblast.com/Leupold-VXIII-BC.htm
    here is a link that helped me after losing my manual to.They are a great scope and with practice makes a hunter a better shot out at longer ranges,and the windage marks are a plus.Got to test all diffrent reticals out in kodiak and they all work.

I have shot one for several years on my 325wsm. I don't know how to use it as a rangefinder, but once you figure out which catergory your rifle fits in you just turn it to that triangle and have cross hairs out to 500 yards. Of course you need to shoot your rifle at all the distances to figure out exactly where they hit for each cross hair. once you get your rifle tuned in, it is a very good system. Best of luck.
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!