Thread: Noatak river

Default Noatak river

I am tired of waiting for the draw results,just to find out the dissipointing news.We have been looking over maps all winter and picked the Noatak to take are first float trip.My question is how late is to late for a brooks range hunt.I like a late season hunt,but have been on a couple that was a little close on getting froze in.Any advice would be appreciated

are you being serious? NO DRAW FOR YOU?! what the ****!!!!! Sorry bro thats disappointing to me.

Release Lake Trout

Are you considering a float hunt this year? If so, and you're going with an air charter, I'd start checking with various charters pretty quickly to make sure they are actually able to fly you into the Noatak Preserve (assuming you're starting there and not Gates of the Arctic NP). This year air charters are being limited on the number of clients they can fly into the Noatak Nat'l Preserve and most have already booked their limit for the year.

Jeff

Agreed. Contact Jerod at Hageland Aviation in Kotz or Jim at www.alaskaonyourown.com They can give you the info you seek and are both full time pilots in Kotz. I have been up that way (80 miles N of Kotz) until Sept 15th and was cold, but no risk of water freezing up. Zero degree bags, wind proof clothing, and some extra stove fuel would be my suggestion. Well, that and a 6 wt fly rod of course. The dolly fishing can be lights out in Sept

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Freezeup is late September, early October up that way.
    Mid Sept is chilling, late is freezing.

All kinds of weather can happen, though, rain snow ect. ect., clear days and cool Drizzle nights are normal
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I believe the park limit is on "hunters". Transporters are limited on the number of hunters thery can transport.
    If your only carrying weapons for you self protection during your sept. fishing trip, they are not limited.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!