Thread: Ruger 10/22 Action...Can I purchase one complete?

Question Ruger 10/22 Action...Can I purchase one complete?

I am not one to make and break guns, so pardon my ignorance when I ask...

Can I purchase an action for a 10/22 that I can just drop into a stock and screw in the barrel? I have seen where I can buy "action kits" but I have not located an entire action assembly. If this is an option, where might I begin to look for one?

Thank You!
    Joshua

I haven't seen complete 10/22 actions available. You'll be $'s ahead just picking up a complete 10/22 rifle and selling the stock and barrel.

BTW the barrel is not screwed into the action. It is a slip fit and held in place with a block that is pulled against the action with two allen head screws.

Default Volquartzen

You won't save any money, but these are nice.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=712591

Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    I haven't seen complete 10/22 actions available. You'll be $'s ahead just picking up a complete 10/22 rifle and selling the stock and barrel.

BTW the barrel is not screwed into the action. It is a slip fit and held in place with a block that is pulled against the action with two allen head screws.

This is what I would do you can get the basic models new for around 165 and you can get about 20 for the original stock and 30 for the barrel and clamp so your'e looking at 115 after you get some $$ back which can go towards your new stock/ barrel

I agree with the rest. Brownells and Midway sell 10/22 actions (mostly "improved" versions). Hate to waste the parts, so try to re sell them, but buy the cheapest economy version and strip it.