Thread: Service

Default Service

I picked up my 22 k-hornet rechamber from WWG today, and feel compelled to let folks know I got great service, fast, and at a decent price.

I'll post later on the shooting forum when I have groups to share...

I'm just sayin.

Nate

Ps I should add - I get along w/ Yog just fine. . Overall the shops in anch are better than anywhere I've ever lived.

Outstanding!

Nate,

What kind of hornet did you pick up? I look forward to seeing it.

Sounds a lot my past experiences with WWG. Congrats on the K-Hornet.

Default Hornet

Dan

I got an accutrigger, mod 40 for $299 at sportsmans.

I bet the boy would dig it -when are you bringing him to the range?

nate

Quote Originally Posted by nrc View Post
    I picked up my 22 k-hornet rechamber from WWG today, and feel compelled to let folks know I got great service, fast, and at a decent price.

I'll post later on the shooting forum when I have groups to share...

I'm just sayin.

Nate

Ps I should add - I get along w/ Yog just fine. . Overall the shops in anch are better than anywhere I've ever lived.
    We just treat you nice becasue you have a K Hornet. People with K Hornets are special

Now if you came in to buy a sheep rifle we would ignore you...thats what we hear at least

+1

I have had the same excellent experience at WWGs. I also have only had good experiences with Yog.

Default What rifle

in K-Hornet do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    We just treat you nice becasue you have a K Hornet. People with K Hornets are special

Now if you came in to buy a sheep rifle we would ignore you...thats what we hear at least
    Classic.

NRC - So what's the advantage of the K Hornet over say a 223 or 22-250. I've seen folks suggest that the K Hornet is considerably more accurate than the Hornet but what about the other 22 calibers? I'm asking as I use to regularly varmint hunt with a 22-250 and was impressed with its range and accurancy. Just never heard of the K Hornet until now.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by patrickL View Post
    Classic.

NRC - So what's the advantage of the K Hornet over say a 223 or 22-250. I've seen folks suggest that the K Hornet is considerably more accurate than the Hornet but what about the other 22 calibers? I'm asking as I use to regularly varmint hunt with a 22-250 and was impressed with its range and accurancy. Just never heard of the K Hornet until now.
    No ballistic advantage... The hornet/k-hornet will drive light(er) 223 bullets of 45 grains to 2600 fps, or 35 grains to ~3000 ish. Down south folks use them for groundhogs, chuks, and maybe yotes at shorter distances. Up here it would be a good furbearer gun to 150 or so yards, depending on the shooter. Less pelt damage I suppose.

It is stingy with powder (only need 10 to 12 grains per charge)
    Barrels would stay cool longer / are easier to clean.
    Brass used to be cheaper, but now its a bit harder to find.
    Case life is expected to be better with the improved shoulder, but I won't know until I've used it a bit more.
    Report is quite a bit milder compared to the other centerfire 22s.
    It kicks like a pellet gun.

I hope it proves to be quite accurate, but IMO that is more the shooter and the rifle than it is the cartridge.

Last and not least - they are 'odd', and its 'old'. For me both of those things are a plus.

Nate

WA - Thanks for the sample fired cases. I brought those to work, and one guy said "Hey isn't that like a rimmed version of a 5.7x28?"

Default Savage 40

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    in K-Hornet do you have?
    This one: http://www.gunblast.com/Savage_Model40.htm

Sportsmans had it marked for $299. I couldn't pass it up. Thought it would make a fun project.

Quote Originally Posted by nrc View Post
    No ballistic advantage... The hornet/k-hornet will drive light(er) 223 bullets of 45 grains to 2600 fps, or 35 grains to ~3000 ish. Down south folks use them for groundhogs, chuks, and maybe yotes at shorter distances. Up here it would be a good furbearer gun to 150 or so yards, depending on the shooter. Less pelt damage I suppose.

It is stingy with powder (only need 10 to 12 grains per charge)
    Barrels would stay cool longer / are easier to clean.
    Brass used to be cheaper, but now its a bit harder to find.
    Case life is expected to be better with the improved shoulder, but I won't know until I've used it a bit more.
    Report is quite a bit milder compared to the other centerfire 22s.
    It kicks like a pellet gun.

I hope it proves to be quite accurate, but IMO that is more the shooter and the rifle than it is the cartridge.

Last and not least - they are 'odd', and its 'old'. For me both of those things are a plus.

Nate

WA - Thanks for the sample fired cases. I brought those to work, and one guy said "Hey isn't that like a rimmed version of a 5.7x28?"
    Sounds perfect for what you're talking about. You're right about the reduction in powder. I remember my dad talking about how much powder he'd go through loading up rounds for our varmint hunting. We could go through several hundread rounds in a day which on a 22-250 is alot of powder. The less pelt damage would be a huge benefit for the furbearer as well. Have fun with it and let us know how you works out for ya.

Me too...in fact if you come in and Im cranky and talking on the phone to Finland or Yog and ignoring you, whip out something 50 years olf plus in a wierd caliber and watch me make your gun life pleasant forever...

Extra points for REALLY obscure stuff.....

I'm shooting 12 grains of Blue Dot in my 222 with a 40 grain VMax at 2850 fps. It pretty much mirrors the K Hornet and I have been shooting streaked gophers at 150 yards with great success. I wish it was a K Hornet but it will suffice as is.