Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Don't feed the bears! (less you're baitin'!)

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Marshall
    Posts
    1,975

    Exclamation Don't feed the bears! (less you're baitin'!)


  2. #2
    Member AlaskaTrueAdventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Paradise (Alaska)
    Posts
    1,543

    Question

    A facinating study in psychopathology involving Charlie V, a name that was listed many times in the all time Boone & Crocket Club record books during the '70s, and his most recent obsession of feeding, growing and befriending both brown bears and black bears at his Yentna River "bear farm".

  3. #3
    Member wykee5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sodak
    Posts
    208

    Default

    So if I understand this correctly....

    Shoot a few dozen caribou to rot on the tundra, and the state will ask that you don't do it again.


    Feed a bunch of bears a couple tons of Ol' Roy, and the state will slap you with $20,000 to $70,000 in fines.


    I'm not a legal expert on either case, nor do I support any of the actions of either party, but I sure don't follow the logic.

  4. #4
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Marshall
    Posts
    1,975

    Default Ya don't...

    follow the logic, cuz #1) two seperate judges, & #2) you're not a legal expert...

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hartford Michigan
    Posts
    440

    Default

    I think "Logic" was the key word, well lack of it.

  6. #6

    Thumbs up

    For those wanting to shoot a bear or three over there, you would do well to know that the perp did all this stuff on Rabbit Lake. Easy access and lots of game trails.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    For those wanting to shoot a bear or three over there, you would do well to know that the perp did all this stuff on Rabbit Lake. Easy access and lots of game trails.
    Don't forget your predator control permit, no sense in stopping at three bears.
    Chuck

  8. #8

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by hiline View Post
    Don't forget your predator control permit, no sense in stopping at three bears.
    Good Call!!!
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Good Call!!!
    Two brownies and unlimited black bears it don't get no better.
    Chuck

  10. #10

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by hiline View Post
    Two brownies and unlimited black bears it don't get no better.
    Especially given the fact they are already habituated to humans and have a keen liking to cheap dog food.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  11. #11

    Default I guess

    this does take the guesswork over what to use for bait in that area....
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Echo View Post
    this does take the guesswork over what to use for bait in that area....
    Mike
    Ya but I think you have to bait them by hand
    Chuck

  13. #13
    Member martentrapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks, Ak.
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    What a great way to thank, Charlie. Wish I had time to come down that way and help.
    Just be sure and urinate around the bait. The bears will know it's a gift from a friend then!!!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

  14. #14
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    ...you're not a legal expert...
    Well, technically, neither are you.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

  15. #15
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    For those wanting to shoot a bear or three over there, you would do well to know that the perp did all this stuff on Rabbit Lake. Easy access and lots of game trails.

    You sure it was rabbit lake Res?
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

  16. #16
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Marshall
    Posts
    1,975

    Default Oh really?

    "Well, technically, neither are you. " But COMMON Sense dictates that two different types of crimes, & two different judges...How much more of a DUH factor can you get?

    Besides...this freakin' case ain't got NUTTIN' to do wit the other...

  17. #17
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    "Well, technically, neither are you. " But COMMON Sense dictates that two different types of crimes, & two different judges...How much more of a DUH factor can you get?

    Besides...this freakin' case ain't got NUTTIN' to do wit the other...

    Someone didn't have their nap today...

    As for the COMMON SENSE FACTOR:

    I didn't think FEEDING the animals could be punished harder than straight up KILLING the animals! Maybe that's the DUH factor I'm trying to install here!
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

  18. #18
    Member lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    327

    Talking Cool, another argument thread!!!

    Pike_palace I think you can get a good nut shot in now. Hey, gogoalie jab him in the eyes. One of you guys pull some hair while the other one bites a finger. Ding ding ding. Round one is over, go to your corners wait awhile and come out swinging again. LOL, I love a good fight. Hey, pike_palace did you hear what gogoalie said about your mother. What pike_palace said about the way gogoalie looks was even worse.
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

  19. #19
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default What can I say

    I like to debate.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

  20. #20
    Member wykee5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sodak
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    "Well, technically, neither are you. " But COMMON Sense dictates that two different types of crimes, & two different judges...How much more of a DUH factor can you get?

    Besides...this freakin' case ain't got NUTTIN' to do wit the other...
    Gogoalie, are you as insulting when you talk to the people you know as you are to random people on the internet?

    Do you write with strange dialect, using words such as "ya, cuz, ain't, NUTTIN', and wit" to imply the person you are typing to is some sort of uneducated, backwoods idiot, or is it just, like, super-cool to write that way?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •