Thread: Hope, AK - ATV Trails?

Question Hope, AK - ATV Trails?

Having a hard time finding much info about ATV trails in the Hope area... There was an old thread on here, but it said to check out the thread below it and I am guessing the threads changed places over time...

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Default Not much there....

most everything is foot traffic. the resurrection trail does not allow atv's in summer, and the palmer creek road is closed to them as well. there is a chugach national forest ranger who likes to drive back in there and make sure, so watch for that.

What about Gull Rock or Bear Creek? Any access there?

Quote Originally Posted by chasing View Post
    What about Gull Rock or Bear Creek? Any access there?

Gull Rock Trail is a Bike or Hike Trail, and the Bike thing is marginal most years. And more so this year as the access will be closed. Bear Creek is full of active mines, and is a very short trail, full of Berry pickers. What is it you are wanting to do......? If you just want to ATV ride, the short answer is avoid that area. The whole area is "National Forest", Including the Powerline easements, are for CEA employees, only when on official business.

Default Sounds like....

Sounds like Kalifornia!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    Sounds like Kalifornia!

NOPE.....It is what California was before it was invaded by millions of humans. This area is largely just as it was when Gold was first discovered here in the 1890's. And we love it just the way it is, it is perfect......

Default Reclaim Hope trails

I was at the meeting when the forest service closed the trails in Hope. From what I could tell most opposition was from transplants to the area and not the oldtimers. There is a movement to make ATV`s road legal like they are in Arizona and several other states. Then we will get Hope back the way it really was in the old days. We rode all those trails when I was a kid. Get involved and do what you can for the cause. ATVing is a family sport these days and is growing every year.

Right on.. I'd love to commute to work on my Grizz! : ) Would Anchorage count!

No, just secondary gravel roads. Not sure you would live long mixing it up with Anchorage traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska ATV Adventures View Post
    No, just secondary gravel roads. Not sure you would live long mixing it up with Anchorage traffic.
    Good point.... Nice idea though...

I run My ATV on the Highway, and the only problem is that the little Grizz type wheelers keep getting stuck between the tires............ But I fixed that problem, by using dual-rail ice chains on my 6X6 (Duce & half that is)