Thread: rifle replacement

Default rifle replacement

a while back I decided I'd like to have a bit more challenge hunting but with a 32" draw length for a bow I decided I didn't want to bow hunt (besides even though I have my bow cert I suck shooting a bow). So I decided to buy a new toy and try for a bear and moose with it... below is a video of my wife shooting it for all to enjoy.

which leads to my question; how many people bear and/or moose hunt with a revolver up here, and by hunt I mean just a revolver, no rifle?

Always wanted to hunt with my Super Blackhawk but have never actually done it... yet.
    Kudos to your wife handling that hand cannon so well.

Default Pistol

I don,t Know if I would use a pistol as a primary weapon or not. I guess I can't really see why not though.
    Nice shooting by the wife sbiinc, You keep her on your good side don't you.
    Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.
    - General George S. Patton

Thumbs up

I've been out many times with just a handgun for bear but figure God scares them away so I don't get hurt. When I have a rifle the bears are where they are supposed to be but take the pistol and nothing. I will keep trying though

That is impressive shooting. My wife has taken to my 44 about the same way. She likes it so much I almost never get to shoot it when we go to the range. I start doing other stuff and look over and it is going back in the case with an empty box of shells on the tailgate. I actually had to buy her a Kimber 1911 just to distract her a bit.

One of these days I am going to close in on a black bear with his head down in the berries and be able to close in enough to use my 10mm. Perhaps I will have the wife back me up with the 44 when that time comes!

I have for years, I use a Freedom Arms 10" 454 Casull w/ 2.5X-8X Leupold. Good to about 300 Yards. Note: They have one at "Wild West Guns".

My dad did alot of hunting with his super redhawk .44......he took a good moose and several black bear with it up here, as well as a few deer and elk in idaho.

Release Lake Trout

I use a snubnosed .357 mag, no problem.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....