Thread: Click and Pawl Fly Reels??

Default Click and Pawl Fly Reels??

Redtruckflyfishing.com has the Sage 3200 Click and Pawl fly reels on sale. I have never heard of that style. Are they any good?

As far as I know, that's like the old Pflueger Medalist reels. Just a little spring and clicker, little or no adjustment.

IMO even for $150 it's way over-priced, like most sage stuff, especially for a little trout reel. I guess the biggest sell would be the light weight, if that's what you're after, but I think proper balance is of far greater importance.
    Nice Marmot.

that's what I thought. I will pass.

Default Aw come on!

Well I would not spend 150 for the Sage or Would I.

Machined Air Craft Grade Alum. are spendy.

They have their purpose and appliacation like as mentioned balance and saving weight for lets say a nice 6' 6" 2W for Spring Creek fishing

http://www.orvis.com/store/product_d...subcat_id=7642

What's a few hunder bucks amongst friends eh!

hap

Quote Originally Posted by Floridascuba View Post
    Redtruckflyfishing.com has the Sage 3200 Click and Pawl fly reels on sale. I have never heard of that style. Are they any good?
    They are relatively high quality reels of solid, basic design... A little historical research would uncover the Hardy Marquis as the parent reel of the earlier SA reels, which were made by Hardy. Parts are interchangable...

Sage had Hardy building the same reels with different labels. I have a couple early SA reels and a Sage and a hardy Marquis 6 and all spools are interchangable between the reels. Hardy also made Orvis reels for quite some time.

SA bought a factory in England to make their reels and IIRC took the Orvis and Sage business with them.

The latest Sage reels are no longer made in England...
    art