Thread: There areCaribou on the Haul Road

Default There areCaribou on the Haul Road

Some of you might be interested to know...
    Within the last week hey were there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not to be a wise aleck or anything but there are caribou on, or very near the Haul Road every day. Ev-ver-ree day. At least they were there every day I drove the stretch from Pump 4 to Pump 3 and back.

Like the tide, they ebb and flow. Sometimes by the hundred, sometimes one by two but they're there. Every day.

Nice picture BTW. That looks like the southbound approach to Roche Mountonee Creek. Pump 4 is 3 miles or so over and behind your right shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    Not to be a wise aleck or anything but there are caribou on, or very near the Haul Road every day. Ev-ver-ree day. At least they were there every day I drove the stretch from Pump 4 to Pump 3 and back.

Like the tide, they ebb and flow. Sometimes by the hundred, sometimes one by two but they're there. Every day.

Nice picture BTW. That looks like the southbound approach to Roche Mountonee Creek. Pump 4 is 3 miles or so over and behind your right shoulder.
    Yup, they have been at Chandalar Shelf for about 3 weeks now.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Thanks for the update. Hopefully me and my hunting partners will see some and get lucky.