Thread: Tundra Ski Skins??

Default Tundra Ski Skins??

Does anyone know where I can purchase a set of ski skins for my 1996 tundra. I was hoping to find a set that was 7 to 8 inches wide. I have spent atleast 6 hours between the internet and the dealer with no luck. My skis measure 5.5" wide by 40.5 inches long. I have no problem doing some minor modifications to make them fit.

Thanks in advance for your response

Default frontier outfitters in Fairbanks

In Fairbanks they sell two kinds of skins at frontier outfitters. I think I get the ones that claim that they are for a Polaris and just redrill the holes where I need them for my 99 Tundra and then cut them to the right length. They last about 2 seasons and then I do it all over again. They are wider than you are looking for (10" I think) but that only helps me float even better.
    I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

Thanks byrd huntr. Instead of looking for a ski skin that will fit a tundra I will look for one that is 8" wide and modify it to work. I live in Palmer. Has anyone purchased wide ski skins for their tundra from an Anchorage, valley, or internet store? Thanks again.

Part #572-096-400 from Ski-Doo. $90

NJF, shoot me a pm about these skins, I might be able to help you out. I am in Eagle River.

AKHunter

I could not figure out how to send a PM. I know I sent a few PMs a year or so ago......I sent you an email instead.

Thanks