Thread: Centershot of an arrow rest

Default Centershot of an arrow rest

Can anyone help me out here on how to set a whisker biscuit style arrow rest at center shot on a split limb compound bow? I need to get the rest in the ball park while i'm shooting it and breaking in the string and such. Just got the bow brand new, and I was shooting it in a little bit of wind but it seems like the rest might be off a little bit. Tried just eyeballing it and I can't really tell. Haven't tried using paper to see where the point to tail travel is yet but I will when I get the chance.

Any help guys and gals?

Thanks in advance... schmidty

The arrow should be parallel to the bow sight window and perpendicular to the string

If i remember right mathews, Was 13/16 and hoyt 3/4 inch. there abouts. Hang the bow from top wheel, nock an arrow walk around to the front and look at the line of arrow over the stablizer that should get you close to. also you could put couple allen wrenchs in the limb pocket screws tie a pc, of string between them and you have center.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default use this from the mathews forums

http://forums.mathewsinc.com/archery...-method-85432/

or this one for longer ranges

http://forums.mathewsinc.com/archery...o-do-it-44159/

BTW it's a different Vince
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

According to Bear Archery, you hold another arrow against the riser and make sure that the arrow nocked and on the rest is parallel the entire length to the one you are holding.

Thanks for the input guys, I used a combination of everyones advice to get it set up. I will tune it later but for now it should be in the ballpark.

Thanks again, schmidty