Thread: My little trapping partner

Default My little trapping partner

Now that's a "Happy Trapper" partner you got there Tsteve, you may have to bring out the big traps when the dateing game starts.LOL Nice pic

We arn't going to play that game in this house!Thanks Takotna!

That's great, I'm sure that is a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Administrator

Way cool, Steve. Thanks for sharing the photos. You are making some incredible memories for your girl.

David

Default Nice job!

Steve,

That is awesome. I love taking my girls out trapping with me. They love seeing the critters in the traps! Actually they just love being out in the country. Keep up the good work!

Steve, EXCELLENT JOB! That is great, your daughter looks like she is haveing the time of her life! Nice catches too! Enjoy your time, I wish my daughter would be more outdoorsy. Sitting at the computor staring outside is about as close as she want's to be outside.

What kind of animal is in the last two pics? I have never seen one of those .

Thanks alot guys.I can honestly say that the very best times on the line is when she is with me,even if we don't catch anything.Temps have been pretty cold this year so she hasn't gone as much.I took her to a trapper meeting last week and she wanted to steal the show while they where doing a skinning demo,lol.

WG-those are muskrats trapped out on the flats.I start out the season trapping them for bait.Their hides are bringing $4.00-$7.00 a piece this year!

Default Muskrats are $4-7

Wow,

I remember trapping those as a kid at the time they we going $5 for a good one. My cousin got over 200 of them that year (Montana area) some times you'd get 4-5 of them from a single run. Easiest animal to skin and stretch I've ever worked with.

After a few years at $5 they went to about a $1 or 2, and the easy ones were not easy any more.

Thumbs up

Priceless.