Thread: ETEC Gas MIleage?

Default ETEC Gas MIleage?

Just wondering what you ETEC riders are getting for gas mileage. I just filled up the other day and calculated almost 30 MPG (flatland). I have the 09 600 ETEC and it was advertised as 24 MPG. Glad to see its doing better than advertised. No complaints on that more. (knock on wood)
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

I'm not an E-tec rider, but that's awesome mileage, good for you.

It depends how hard I squeeze the throttle. Day-in, day-out? Averaging just shy of 20mpg pulling a light trailer. On boy rides out in deep snow around 14mpg. Overall mileage isn't much different from an SDI but the oil consumption is sure lower.

Default 600 etec

Two of us averaged 26 mpg on the Denali Loop trail last weekend. Speed was held to 40 mph and it was a groomed trail all the way.

Same experience here- often get mid-20 MPG on my 600 ETec. No matter what I'm getting better than twice the mileage of my old man's 800 Rev, sometimes up to 3 times better. Not sure how the new 800 ETec stacks up.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Avg over 20 on the 2010 600 etec

A buddy of mine has one and I am not that impressed. I have a Nytro its heavier and in the deep snow we get the same MPG and I am faster climb higher and burn NO oil. I cant compare on flatland because I never ride flat land.

Quote Originally Posted by usafracer View Post
    A buddy of mine has one and I am not that impressed. I have a Nytro its heavier and in the deep snow we get the same MPG and I am faster climb higher and burn NO oil. I cant compare on flatland because I never ride flat land.
    Yamaha makes a great engine, it's just that most of us don't want a sled that's 200 lbs heavier than it has to be, as when it gets stuck, weight really matters.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Nytros don't burn oil, it's true. But I don't have to change my oil with the Etec. They do get similar mileage but the total riding experience is very different.

I had a Nytro first. I have an Etec now.

Default range

what engine has the greatest range? I'm considering getting a new machine and range is important to me...I like the Bearcat 17 gallon tank. How big is the tank on the etec?
    I average around 20mpg on my yamaha viking 973cc 4 stroke.

Default gas tank

i'm pretty sure its a 10.6 gallon tank.
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

Quote Originally Posted by mntransplant View Post
    i'm pretty sure its a 10.6 gallon tank.
    Nope Bearcat really does have a 17 gallon tank. Sled weighs like 750 before adding fuel. If you are looking for a Cadillac this Bearcat is it. I have a friend that has one and the thing runs forever on that tank of fuel.

On Edit: He bought the winch kit too!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dupont Spinner View Post
    Nope Bearcat really does have a 17 gallon tank.
    I was referring to the ETEC. It has a 10.6 gallon tank.