Thread: Is there a rule about being a certain distance from the dump?

Default Is there a rule about being a certain distance from the dump?

I'm wondering if the one mile rule applies to the dump as well? Might be different in some areas, but I can't find any info pertaining to the dump in the regs anywhere. I'll call fish and game tomorrow, but just wondering if any of you knew?

Default Depends

It depends on the interpretation of the law. You are supposed to be one mile from a dwelling. In some instances, business and other places where workers may be working have been considered to be within that rule. I know of several people fined for being too close to a business. Your best bet, is to contact your local LEO and ask him directly how he interprets the law.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

I know you cannot shoot a brownie within a 1/4 mile of a dump, but I think your ok on blackies. I wouldn't shoot a blackie out of a dump, but I know plenty of instances where it has been done.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

We just shoot the pests and throw them in the DUMP.........(DLP)

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

also depends on the unit.. here grizz must be 1 mile from the dump and i beleive that applies to baitstands too...

Pike i think .. you may wish to review the 1/4 mile i think the law is one mile most places but could be mistaken.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    also depends on the unit.. here grizz must be 1 mile from the dump and i beleive that applies to baitstands too...

Pike i think .. you may wish to review the 1/4 mile i think the law is one mile most places but could be mistaken.
    Here it is straight from F&G Vince.

"You MAY NOT hunt or kill brown/grizzly bears within one-half mile of garbage dumps or landfills."

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/regul.../pdfs/bear.pdf
    Last edited by pike_palace; 04-05-2010 at 09:09. Reason: added URL
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.