Thread: Cabelas XWT or Guide Model tent

Default Cabelas XWT or Guide Model tent

I'm trying to decide between the two.The XWT seems like it has alot more steaks to drive and I normally camp in areas that are not so steak freindly and sometimes i'm hard pressed to find big enough rocks or logs to tie off to.I'm also wondring if it's worth the extra cash for the XWT.Anyone have any expierence with either and can chime in and give me your opinions,Thanks.

Thumbs up

If your going to use it as a base camp I would go with the XWT although you will not go wrong with the Guide model either .
    I have the guide model and not one complaint . I have had it on Kodiak many times and have taken it on all of my float hunts as well , I would not take the XWT on a float hunt just too dang heavy as it is the Guide model I have comes in at 20 pounds.

Enjoy either one of them.

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

had my XWT on the peninsula last yr. and it worked excellent in the driving wet weather. the only draw back is the weight. i have the model with aluminum poles as it saves a few lbs. but i think it is neglible once you hit the near 50 lbs. tent. it was very comfortable while weather kept us in the tent for awhile.

Thanks guys for the info.,i'm leaning twoards the guide model but i'm not %100 sure yet.I've heard alot of good things about both.I'm just wondering if the extra weight is worth the extra quality,or maybe I should say toughness?

Default A side by side comparison

The XWT can be lightened up by replacing with something other than galvanized steel stakes. It is way more tent. I have used them like this on many trips and always sleep in the XWT. It won't disappoint you when it starts blowing. I have had poles break and bend on the guide models.

Smile

thanks trapperbob,the XWT sounds like the way to go.

Default XWT

I have the XWT tent and could not be happier with it. It is a heavier tent, but I use 4whlrs to get to camp so it's not that big of a deal. Two years ago a storm blew in while at moose camp. It was gusting up to about 80+ and blowing steady about 50mph all night long. I was up all night thinking the tent was going to cut loose and send us tumbling down the mountain, but it held up perfectly and not a single tear anywhere on the tent. I was very thankful for the extra tiedowns.