Thread: Horse String/ Horse Outfitters on the Kenai

Default Horse String/ Horse Outfitters on the Kenai

Does anyone know who may be running a transport service with horses on the Kenai Peninsula? In particular, I would like to hunt off the Resurrection Trail for Moose with 1 hunting partner for either one Moose each or 1 Moose between us. We had done this before with Jack Taylor, but he has passed away.

Smile Resurrection Trail

Alaska Horsemen (Alex Kime)
    800-595-1806
    info@alaskahorsemen.com

He is the only one I know of that does it and has been doing that hunt for many years. He starts the trip from his house right on Kenai lake.

I've used TAK outfitters out of moose pass in the past. Jack is a great guy to work with and I know he used to bring caribou hunters out on the kenai. I tried to find his website but was unable to. Its been a couple of years, I hope he is still in business.

Not to hijack, but are any horse transporters operating in upper Ship Creek?

Default Chisana Request

Hi Chiz,

I had heard that someone did and was the fellow that had the concession for horseback riding at Hilltop Ski Area in the summer. I spoke with him several years ago. I would bet he is still around. I was in there hunting 2 years back and saw no horse tracks.

Thanks Matt. That helps.

There is another fellow who runs a horse operation on the Kenia, been there for YEARS (since the 60's), based from his place near Sterling. Name is Lou Albrant, calls the business 'ASS'...which stands for Alaska Saddle Safari's. However I'm not sure how active he is these days because is Lou is not as young as he once was. I know up until a couple of years ago he had a permit for the Moose range, and some other exclusive area. He's got a big string of horses, knows the area very well, and after my trips with him I'll say he did an excellent job. www.alaskansaddlesafaris.com