Thread: Larger Vessle Propellers

Default Larger Vessle Propellers

Does anyone know where I may be able to get another Prop here in Alaska. Right now Im working with Michigan Wheel in Grand Rapids MI. Or is there someone in Valdez that can repair one. I am not sure in the Size of the prop yet, the boat is still in the water. Im going to try Salcha Marine on Monday.

Thanks for any help ahead of time

350SD

Default Prop

I do not think there is any one in Valdez that repairs props. I am not sure but Salcha Marine is closed on Mondays. What is the shaft size that you prop is attached to. What is the diameter and the pitch of your prop? I normally send my props to the Prop Shop in Seattle. Wa

Call Frank @ Valdez Sheet Metal, he will know if anyone can repair it locally.

What are the dimensions of your prop? There just may be someone on the site that might be able to help out with a new or used one for a good price.

Default Thanks for the input so far

Im heading back down on friday to take the boat out and pull the prop. I believe its an 18 in prop on a 1 1/4 inch shaft. Not quite sure on the pitch. 1.52 to 1 gear ratio out of the Velvet drive. Engines are rated for 4000 to 4400 RPM's. I was quoted roughly 500.00 from a place in Seattle for a new one and he said based on the amount of damage he may be able to repair the old one. Supposedly I have to get him the stamped number and he will be able to match it up. Is there any special type of puller out there to get the prop off. I dont really want to drive all the way down un prepared. I have access to an aray of tools and pullers at home. Just want to make sure I have the right ones.

Thanks again
    350SD

Default prop

It takes a special puller to get the prop off. I have one in my shed would just have to find it. I think all the props I have are 1 1/2".

Default Brass boat props - $200 (seward ak)

Reply to: sale-xt64f-1696797188@craigslist.org

Brass props, one pair 16x20 rt &left 1 1/4 bore, one pair 16 x 18 rt &left 1 1/4, one prop rt. 18 x 20 left call 907 224 5645 or cell 907 223 5160