Thread: Opinions on Leupold Sequoia spotting scope

Default Opinions on Leupold Sequoia spotting scope

Does anyone have an opinion on this line of spotting scope either the 15-45x60 power or the 20-60x80.
    Thanks, Mike

Thumbs up

If that is what you can/will afford to pay for, then it is the best scope for the money. There are better ones, but they cost more.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Mike I had the 15x45 and couldn't believe how bad it was. You couldn't get it to focus clearly on something far away. I was sure it must just be a defect and sent it back. Back out for ANOTHER disappointing caribou trip as far as the spotting scope was concerned with the replacement. I called customer service and the guy acknowledged to me that they were junk. They tried to get me to upgrade to a gold ring and pay more money. I held and they finally sent be the gold ring compact, only about a 30X for nothing extra, nothing great here either, but better than I had.

I adamantly urge to look elsewhere for you spotting scope.

Even if that is all you can afford, DO WITHOUT this model.

I had a Sequoia could not believe Leupold would put thier name on such Junk. For the money Alpen is a great buy.

Default For about the same money...

Right now at Boondocks, you can get the EXCELLENT Pentax.

From the leupold optics I've looked through...they should stick to making scopes...

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    From the leupold optics I've looked through...they should stick to making scopes...
    I agree, heavy junk the lot of it and I will include the gold ring series in that statement! I would buy minox, vortex, or pentax and possibly zenray though I can't speak to their longevity before I would ever consider buying any of the leupy optics.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I agree, heavy junk the lot of it and I will include the gold ring series in that statement! I would buy minox, vortex, or pentax and possibly zenray though I can't speak to their longevity before I would ever consider buying any of the leupy optics.
    LuJon,

Have you used Leupold Gold Rings in the field or vortex or zenray for that matter?? I haven't used the latter two but I've had a chance to spend some time behind some gold rings and I must say they are quite nice. Just think its kind of a broad statement to declare these gold rings junk if you haven't used them in the field as I think they are every bit (if not better) than minox HGs and likely better than vortex and zen-ray but I can't comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I disagree the Leupold Gold Ring spotting scopes are very nice for the money. way above minox and Nikon. I don't know about there cheaper scopes but Leupold Gold Ring is a good spotting scope for the 1000 dollar range.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    LuJon,

Have you used Leupold Gold Rings in the field or vortex or zenray for that matter?? I haven't used the latter two but I've had a chance to spend some time behind some gold rings and I must say they are quite nice. Just think its kind of a broad statement to declare these gold rings junk if you haven't used them in the field as I think they are every bit (if not better) than minox HGs and likely better than vortex and zen-ray but I can't comment on that.
    I have used the Leupy gold ring binos right beside my minox in the field and I wouldn't have traded if he gave me $500 as a kicker. Aside from not being as bright they weighed at least 2x as much! When I went to hand him back his leupy's and get mine back my buddy had a dejected look on his face.
    If I were Johnny and he the devil I would be playing my golden fiddle right now