Thread: Product Selection

Default Product Selection

I was shopping at both Sentry Hardware and Sportsman Warehouse and noticed both stores had new handgun holster displays. Blackhawk. I did not see much of the Uncle Mikes stuff.

Did they dump Uncle Mikes and take on a new line? In Alaska Is their only one wholesale supplier for sporting goods/gun related products. Grace Co?

Redding dies, Lee dies, Rcbs or Lyman bullet molds, just donít seem to be on the shelf or in short supply. Is it the same in Anchorage?

I often want something yesterday or need to touch feel the product and quit frankly sometimes it is slim pickings out there. So tell me again why we need the big box store? I know no population so suck it up. Bite the bullet and mail order? Well thatís my Rant!!

Tru-Value hardware uses Elliot Bros so between the two you may get what you need

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

I order items from several different Distributors in the lower 48.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCountry View Post
    Redding dies, Lee dies, Rcbs or Lyman bullet molds, just don’t seem to be on the shelf or in short supply. Is it the same in Anchorage?
    SW in Anchorage is pretty well caught back up on most things, though a few specific calibers of brass and bullets seem to be perpetually out of stock. However, if Obama starts talking about taking up the Assault Weapons Ban again, I imagine things will change pretty quickly.

Blackhawk bought the Uncle Mikes factory (in Idaho?) and is now producing many of the same designs UM used to make.

Uncle Mikes still 'makes' products, but most all of the holsters and nylon is from overseas in China-stan-nam.

If you are looking for reloading things you can find a little here and a little there but there is no store that handles a lot of different product lines. SW seems to have more than most but still not a lot. If you are into bullet casting or swaging you are just not going to find a lot. I think a reloading store could do well in Anchorage or Fairbanks if you could get product to sell and had a good variaty in stock.

Default uncle mikes

Thanks for the info guys. Blackhawk made in USA sounds good to me and worth remembering. I also did not see the T-C contender single shot pistol/rifle frames at SW. I just wish the encore single shots were not so butt ugly (and expensive)