Thread: Sorry Everyone, But The Easter Bunny Isnt Coming This Year

Default Sorry Everyone, But The Easter Bunny Isnt Coming This Year

Here he is ! the last hare hunt of the season for us i suppose.....4 hours of busting brush, 6 miles covered, 2 bunnies....one was already gettin brown.

Happy Easter Everyone!

Release Lake Trout

Default may be for you

I've got rabbits all over the place, even a few in the house from time to time . I got wild jacks and domestic white rabbits to spare . even the wild let me pick them up fromtime to time with out even a squerm.
    when they get big enough they join us at the table even(( side dish )).
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I went up the glen this saterday and picked up eight rabbits. we saw like twenty. i kind of feel bad for picking on the easter bunny.

sorry, no pics though.

Quote Originally Posted by joefish00000 View Post
    I went up the glen this saterday and picked up eight rabbits. we saw like twenty. i kind of feel bad for picking on the easter bunny.

sorry, no pics though.

How was the snow? Deep and tough going still or getting a hard crust in the morning?

Quote Originally Posted by OATS View Post
    How was the snow? Deep and tough going still or getting a hard crust in the morning?
    I second that... I may just go one more time if I can get further off the road. My snowshoes were useless in 4 feet of powder.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by MNViking View Post
    My snowshoes were useless in 4 feet of powder.
    Amen!

Pretty rough going for sure. Glad I was fit from being on snowshoes while hawking all winter or I would have been winded and/or dead after a few minutes. Went a couple different times and slogged around for a few miles each time. The hunting was too good not to keep going. My Jack Russels were so useless in the snow the first time I left them home the next trip. I won't post exact harvest numbers here, but I can tell you I could have brought home as many as I wanted. Later.

Default The year dad really did kill the Easter Bunny

In 1996 we were living down in Washington state. My wife had a garden in the back she was really proud of but the rabbits were eating it to pieces at night. At the time I was seriously into bowhunting and 3D shoots and one Saturday had competed in one. When I came home I'd left my bow in the laundry room.
    That night I couldn't sleep and ended up down in the kitchen at 3:00 am. Just out of curiosity I turned on the flood lights in the back. Barely visible about 80 yards away was a single rabbit in the garden. No way could anyone make that shot with a bow but I tried anyway. I had no idea where to aim but took my best guess.
    Imagine my surprise when I hit the rabbit right behind the shoulder! I later measured the distance and it was just a few yards shy of 80. Total luck, but an 80 yard shot at night? I couldn't wait to brag to my wife and four year old son. I didn't have to wait long, 'cuz my wife was up a couple hours later to put out my son's Easter basket. Ooops, I forgot it was Easter...not the best time to shoot rabbits in the garden.
    My son was attending a Montessori school and when he went in the next day the teacher asked the class "did the Easter bunny come to everyone's house". My son stood up and proudly proclaimed "Yes, and my daddy shot him".
    True story, I swear.

haha man i stopped by my brothers that nite and he asked me where id been all day...i says, been out huntin.....oh....get anything? i says ya, the easter bunny......my 8 year old nephew overheard me and started crying! i was like uhhh oops.....im just jokin buddy lol

Release Lake Trout

Default I did the same thing 25 years ago

Was living with a lady with two kids. Was out hunting a week before Easter and when I rolled back into the house. The kids were out of sight and the ole lady asks... Well, did you get anything? Told her yea, there was not going to be an Easter this year cause I done shot the Easter Bunny. Kids were just out of sight, not earshot. Crying big time and had to go tell them the same thing, ONLY KIDDING!!!! Felt like a jerk, still do
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

well my nephew got over pretty quick....hell i think thisll be the last year he believes in it.....i stopped at 6 lol.....my uncle wore a bunny suit on easter morning, for some reason i got my old red rider out and took a potshot on his behind....YOWWWW! off came the head, and I took off for the timber. yea i got a good switchin from Pop for that one, then from my uncle. but i never believed in the easter bunny again

Release Lake Trout

Went up to my property last Saturday to cut a trail and after I did that I killed a half dozen bunnies before I got tired. I smoked them on Easter and they are awesome!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ADUKHNT; 04-07-2010 at 22:37. Reason: Add info
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge