Thread: Sling Swivel -- Dumb Guy (me) Question

Default Sling Swivel -- Dumb Guy (me) Question

I have numerous Uncle Mike's sling swivel mounts--two of which came with my new 375 Wby DGR (unshot; new to me; and about 6 years old). None of them fit through the hole in the mount on the barrel of the 375 from either direction--the hole is too small (the hole in the swivel stud on the stock works fine). I tried even gently to hammer the rod through the hole. No luck.

What should I do?

Drill the hole on the front swivel stud attached to the barrel?

Give it to a gunsmith?

Use a Laser Hyperbolic Charged Partical Beam Technology Psuedo Expander Module (only commonly known to 27th Century Neptunians)?

There must be an answer. I just don't know what it is.

Any helpful comments are appreciated. Thanks.

I have several european guns with smaller holes in the swivel studs. The one on your barrel might be the smaller european size...

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Take the studs out of the stock and replace them with another set of studs from another rifle you have.

Unless it's a German made WBY, they should be USA threads.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

That's a new one on me.

You would probably wanna use the common size sling swivels, so guess I'd enlarge the hole, unless the front swivel is removable. If it is, I might just put a swivel on the forend.

You could do that anyway of course, but maybe it's kool to have the sling on the barrel since it's a 375 H&H.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

What you need are European sling swivels and they can be purchased from NECG's. Just look on their web site.
    Tennessee

Snowwolf, at first I was wondering why the New England Governors' Conference would be selling European sling swivels, but then I found this:
    http://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/
    Thanks guys for the helpful comments. I think I will try that before I start drilling on my rifle.
    Smitty: see below. I already had a stud put on the forend, but did that so I could put the bipod on there. I want to put a safari sing on this one, just like the one on my 340 pictured in the background. But on my 375, putting it on the bipod stud would not work well because of the rear iron sight. So, I still want to be able to use the front stud; plus I'm a little opposed to just giving up and conceding that the front stud on this rifle is useless.