Thread: Almost had a heart attack!$$$....

Default Almost had a heart attack!$$$....

The last time I purchased a gun was 1 year ago--a little Henry youth model .22 for my wife and daughter. I hadn't purchased a center fire(rifle) for around 14 years now. Well...I just priced a few....the new Marlin large loop lever 30-30 is going for $500!!! (Well--$499 actually--but that doesn't include tax). I was told that the standard model is only about 10 bucks less....so for the heck of it,I checked on the Mossberg Model 464-- just another lever action 30-30...not much less though,at $429. I almost dropped the phone...who would have known that plain old 30-30s would have tags in the $500 dollar range! Good thing I already have a few levers--and a bunch of other guns. I've always been interested in the Browning BAR too...but I think I'll have a drink before I price one....

Its crazy out there I'll tell ya

The best SIG line I've seen so far was this one:

"My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell my Guns for what I TOLD her they cost!"

I like that one. So TRUE.
    Extra REP points to whoever that was.

Quote Originally Posted by arizonaguide View Post
    The best SIG line I've seen so far was this one:

"My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell my Guns for what I TOLD her they cost!"

I like that one. So TRUE.
    Extra REP points to whoever that was.
    I believe thats Randy (aka Snowwolfe). I might be wrong, but search under the member list and you should see it on his page...

You think gun prices are rediculous (I don't) then try buying a new compound bow.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Maybe something to do with the value of the dollar. Just thinkin' out loud...

Default My wife asked

Yeah, I also thought that was my favorite signature line, the one about my wife selling my guns for I told her they cost...

Unfortunately I told her about it, thought it was so funny, so then...

Of course, I get addicted to reloading and a while back she recounts,

I remember that "funny Line" about what this gun nut stuff really costs." and of course she asks what are you really spending on this stuff.

I was honest about the latest rifle I bought, but the reloading stuff...
    "I Have No Idea," was the best I could come up with. Which is true, but...
    She Just Smiled, and I got the point...

I remember thinking when falling for her, "She's so smart, that's gotta be a good move to have a super smart wife." Which is true........
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

My wife keeps trying to get me to put prices on my guns in case I go first. She is pretty smart and it's got me wondering if she knows something I don't. Hmmmm!