Thread: Is kenai Lake open yet?

Default Is kenai Lake open yet?

I feel silly asking but last month I drove by and it looked like it was rotten and the edges were receded back about 10 feet. I want to get on there and try for lake trout as soon as that Ice is gone.

Get to work matt, hows everything your way you like your new job? you ever do any good outta kenai lake?

It was not open last saturday when I was down there. It was open about 1000 yards up from the bridge. It looked really rotten and ready to go if they got some wind. Give wildmans a call and ask them
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

A group of us floated from the lake down to Jims on Friday; there was ice still on the lake.

Default How was the float?

Fishook, Just wanted to see how the float was. Water levels? Did you fish? If so, how was it?

We had to get out of the boat 3 or 4 times to walk it through some skinny water, fishing was slow no much to be had 3 drift boats = 3 bows... sure was fun

Charterboat Operator

Default Easter Sunday

As of yesterday the lake is still frozen, a bit of water at the lake and an open lead between kenai lake lodge and quartz creek, but everything else is frozen up tight yet.

Quote Originally Posted by POLE BENDER View Post
    As of yesterday the lake is still frozen, a bit of water at the lake and an open lead between kenai lake lodge and quartz creek, but everything else is frozen up tight yet.
    Ditto that.

A strong wind would help get things started, but I think you've still got a week or two until it really breaks open.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

drove by kenai lake today.
    ice is getting thin and breaking up; open water on the NE corner, but I think it should be all clear with another week of mild weather and winds.

Drove by there yesterday on the Seward Highway. The lake was wide open almost all the way to the Snow River end, and looked wide open as far as we could see to the west. That might not help much though if there is no open boat access.