Thread: UDAP Bear Fence $199 free S/H

Default UDAP Bear Fence $199 free S/H

Sorry mods if this is in the wrong forum ,I did a search and they were listed in 5 different forums. Anybody looking for a UDAP Bear Shock Electric Camp Fence They are $199 free shipping to Alaska ,I know the auction says No shipping to Alaska but I emailed him and he said free shipping on the fence it was a typo he just can not send the bear spray up here. I ordered mine looks like 6 more left. He also has the big food fence for $329.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/UDAP-Bear-Shock-...item439dce4d63
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I've used this fence several times and another set I put together on my own and I REALLY believe in these. I've used them on fly out trips on the North slope. One around the sleeping tents, another around the meat and food tent. Bear took a dump between the two tent locations one night, but never even woke us or touched a thing.

I have the Udap model and another one that has been pieced together and the definitely work. Thats a good price!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Default geology

I rented a cabin to a geology crew that used a bear fence, the bear came right threw it, a few times....

Quote Originally Posted by yukon254 View Post
    I rented a cabin to a geology crew that used a bear fence, the bear came right threw it, a few times....
    Did you have it on !!!!

Default mine

i assume they did, i didnt explain very well.... the geology people were camped down the lake from our place in a tent, they had the fence there, it didnt work...... I have talked to enough outfitters in the NWT that have grizzlys digging under or just walking through them that i would never spend that kind of money..... i dont buy the spray either tho.

Love mine.. won't ever be without it. IMO it's one of the best investments I've made in my hunting gear. I sleep much better at night knowing I have it.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

I built a complete kit to include a Fi-shok fencer for about $70.00. I can attest and my kids can also, this fencer whacks ya. $199.00 is good for someone who does not want to spend 10 minutes driving down to the local feed store and getting everything yourself. I will see if I can find the link of where I posted all of the components, for those that want to save over a hundred bucks and build their own.

AF,

What feed store in Anchorage did you buy the energizer from?

Default Make your own

I ordered the same Udap model from Cabela's and sent it right back. I made my own cheaper, but a little more heavy. I bought a REAL energizer.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HHS8SC/...SIN=B000HHS8SC
    Check the Udap one and you will see it is only designed for a very small area with minimal power.
    Alaska Mill and Feed along with Lowes had everything I needed in the way of poles and wire.
    I bought a cheap plastic gun case and everything fit nice. I now feel safe when sleeping and this lets out a real crack when touched.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Default Alaska Mill and Feed

I bought my stuff from Alaska Mill and feed.

I attached a pic of our Brooks range camp with the fencer around it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default yer set up

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanOutdoorsman View Post
    Love mine.. won't ever be without it. IMO it's one of the best investments I've made in my hunting gear. I sleep much better at night knowing I have it.
    From the looks of your avatar, you might be better served setting it up around your tent instead of around your sleeping bag.
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
    From the looks of your avatar, you might be better served setting it up around your tent instead of around your sleeping bag.
    Now that's funny !!!!

It is.. sadly, my wife won't go camping in a tent because of her fear of bears (she doesn't care for my avatar either). When we fish, she has to stay in a camper or wont go. Hmm.. I proably shouldn't have read to her from all those Larry Kaniut books.

Thanks for the links above on making your own fence.. I have a UDAP but would love to make one that is both larger and stronger. UDAP's is a little small but worth the money if your not aware how to make your own/have a small camp.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.