Thread: boot insoles

Default boot insoles

i was looking to buy some insoles for my kenetreks. in your opinion, what is the best insole to buy? thanks.

Default Insoles

There's that word "best" again. As with other pieces of gear, I don't think there is an all-round best, but rather a best-suited for a given person in a certain situation.

I have used SOLE insoles and Superfeet, I would consider both well-made and offering a significant improvement over the insoles that come standard in most boots.

I would recommend that you try multiple insoles in your given boot. For example, I have the SOLE pair in some hiking boots that are fractionally too big for me, thus the more-padded forefoot that the SOLE insoles have made for a better fit. I tried several of the models of Superfeet in my sheep hunting boots before choosing which one fit my feet the best when carrying a pack.

Grab your boots, head to the store, and see what works for YOU...

The "best" orthotics are custom made ones. But, if you buy off the shelf, remember that you don't want the cushy/squishy ones. You want ones that give proper support.

snyder or others,

does anyone know where i could get custom orthotics here in fairbanks, or any retail store that stocks SOLE or superfeet insoles? thanks.

Fighting fire in the summer always reeked havoc on my feet. I would constantly be buying new insoles. Usually really cushy foam or gel ones. They didn't last long. Sidehilling killed them. And my feet! I sprung for a set of superfeet last year for sheep hunting and will never look back! It kinda seems weird that a cushy insole won't work and a formed harder one will, but it does. I guess with proper support the extra thick cushion is not needed. I got mine a sportsmans warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by sdrhunter View Post
    snyder or others,

does anyone know where i could get custom orthotics here in fairbanks, or any retail store that stocks SOLE or superfeet insoles? thanks.
    Beaver Sports does the custom Superfeet. I have foot issues so I get a prescription from my doc for custom orthotics that are made by a podiatrist.

thanks mod elan and snyder. will let folks know how the superfeet do after i try them out.

Default Superfeet in Green

I highly recommend the Superfeet in Green (heavy use/high volume)--folks on this forum steered me that way when I was doing boot and insole research about 2 years ago. Also, many store clerks in multiple outdoor goods stores also said they were the best choice--from a pricepoint perspective I wholeheartedly agree.

I bought them and haven't looked back--they have done wonders for my feet both for hunting and in combat--I have had problem feet for years and since I got them the problems have gone away.