Thread: Arctic Cat TRV 550?

Default Arctic Cat TRV 550?

Looking at one of these for my 1st 4 wheeler. I'm looking for something to mainly play around with, and that I could take my kids (7 and 9) or wife on. Anybody have one of these that they could give me some feedback on? Thanks.

Goose

Thumbs up 650 trv's

Hi Goose

we have three of the 650's 2007 models and love them
    they are very stable will never lift the front wheels off the ground although with the stock tires you want to run the tire pressure up toward the top side of suggested or they sway a little found that out on the second one we bought and in the winter time you want to have a battery tender on them as im sure the 550 will be the same and it will drain the battery ( i think it is the digital gauges doing it ) but other wise we have enjoyed them totally

Default thanks

Thanks for the information. It's the best priced 2-up that I have found. The CanAms are just too much for me to pay for a toy, so I'm leaning the Arctic Cat way.

goose

Default TRV

wife has a 08 500 TRV witha windshild she loves it a little wider and longer she can keep all four feet on the trail and has fun with one of the kids our a friend on back We dont go fast no mud bugging just go for a ride and have fun I think she will like it

Default Artic Cat 550

Had a '06 AC 500 TRV purcahsed new. Very stable machine, and had aboslutely no problems with it other than the battery drain that The Happy Alaskan mentioned. Dealer never could figure that one out. Solved the problem by adding a quick connect for a trickle charger if I was going to be traveling for more than a week without riding.

Very solid feeling/handling/balanced machine with great ground clearance, never bottmed it out. Usually kept the tire pressure anywhere from 1 ~ 2 LBS. over OEM specs. It is longer than the one up models but fitted well on a 8X8X2 machine trailer. The speed racks were cool too. Very easy and quick to add or change accessories.

I recently sold it in anticipation of relocating for work, but will definetly by another when I get settled into my new location.