Thread: Non sheep hunting boots needed

Default Non sheep hunting boots needed

Has anyone seen or bought a pair of these?http://www.lowaboots.com/catalog/Sho...egory=2&Type=M

I am thinking I am going to return my Kenetrek lights in fear of them becoming too wide after getting wet. Most threads here discuss sheep boot selection. I know a many of you have to do plenty early season hunting that may not require such a stout boot. What are some of your choices for somewhat quiet, capable of carrying 75lbs, non insul, boot with better than average ankle support. Am I on the right track.

Lowa
    Timok GTX know nothing about them
    Tibet Pro GTX too stiff for bow hunting??

Scarpa
    Barun GTX do not know much
    Nepal Pro GTX have heard good things here

Hanwag have almost too many to choose ?to buy
    alaska GTX
    atlas gtx

Kayland
    contact
    I love the idea of event, i can only find reviews on mountaineering boots. These may lack stiffness.

I don't know about the boots you posted but my Kenetreks are great everywhere except in the mountains. I hunt everything in them and for rolling terrain they are hard to beat. It isn't till I spend all day on the mountains that they begin to show their weakness. I am strongly considering going with some scarpa liskamm's for sheep/goat/fall black bear but I will be keeping my Kennetreks for everything else.

That said those are all good brands and if you find one that fits well I am sure you will be happy.

The mountain extremes seem to fit a little more snug on my feet that the Hardcrabble lights did. My foot may be closer on the narrow side rather than wide side. Nonetheless I do love them. I just feel if I have to lace them up a little extra tight now to feel conformed then chances are they will become a little lose after going through a few soaked cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis77 View Post
    The mountain extremes seem to fit a little more snug on my feet that the Hardcrabble lights did. My foot may be closer on the narrow side rather than wide side. Nonetheless I do love them. I just feel if I have to lace them up a little extra tight now to feel conformed then chances are they will become a little lose after going through a few soaked cycles.
    I have the mountain lights and they do get loose when wet especially when I am in the mountains. I am planning on adding a set of superfeet insoles to them this year. I have heard that they are a bit thicker than the insoles that came w/ the boots so I hope it will make them stay a bit tighter. I have still only gotten a hot spot wearing them once and it was with crummy coolmax socks (some people love them). I have never had a problem w/ them using merino wool. In fact I switched to wool sox and wore moleskin for 2 days and the hot spot went away despite logging lots of miles. I am curious to hear about what you find in your search for the perfect boot. It sounds like you got some shopping to do!