Thread: Gun Dog Training in North Pole

Default Gun Dog Training in North Pole

The Interior Alaska Gun Dog Association will begin spring training for gun dogs Saturday, April 3rd at 1:00. Training will be held at the Chena River Flood Control Project in North Pole. Enter the project, go to the 2nd gate parking area.
    For more info contact Sherri Young- mallardhen@aol.com
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think I am going to miss tomorrow but next weekend I should be there. Looking forward to seeing every one again.
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

Is this training for retrievers or any type of gun dog? I have a Beagle that can use some mentoring.

Default Any one in the club know about training beagles Sherri?

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang65432 View Post
    Is this training for retrievers or any type of gun dog? I have a Beagle that can use some mentoring.
    It's a retriever club but it is open to all sporting breeds. In this case that refers to bird hunting dogs, mostly retrievers. Stop by anyway and get to know people. The training I don't think will match what you are training for but a couple of the people may have past experiance with beagles and maybe be able to lead you some where. If nothing else p.m. me if you just want a helping hand. Don't know anything about training beagles but if you know what you want to do I could lend a hand.
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

I am sorry....I have no idea about training beagles.
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I may stop by just to meet some dog people and see what advice people have. Thanks!

We have training every Saturday at 1:00. We had planned to have it at the 2nd gate for awhile due to the snow, but the snow was almost gone on Sat.
    We may go in at the first gate next time. I will post here if we do.
    You are more than welcome to join us.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Is this training for members of The Interior Alaska Gun Dog Association only?

Yes, the training is for club members, but if you want to "try us out" we would love to have you.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson