Thread: Spring Bear Shoot

Default Spring Bear Shoot

The Spring Bear Shoot is scheduled for April 24 & 25. This year it is being held at the:
    Curtis D. Menard Memorial Sports Center (Wasilla Sports Center)
    1001 S Mack Drive
    Wasilla, Alaska 99654

I will post sign up time and shoot time later.

Remember this is based on the Redding Trail Shoot so we will be shooting some pretty far distances (101 yards) and some pretty close distances (4 yards).

Hope to see you there.

Default registration times

Registration for both days starts at 8:00 am and the shoot starts at 9:00

best shoot of the year!! you know Ill be there. gett'n ready for Redding!!!

If you're not there ... where are you. I will claim the 101 yard shot !!! Okay, I will claim the 4 yard shot !!! Okay, okay .. at some point between 4 and 101 yards, I am going to hit something !!! (hopefully nothing in the parking lot ... )

Default just my thoughts

Harry, why don't you cut the other BHFS shooters some slack and shoot barebow this spring

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyhuntinfool View Post
    Harry, why don't you cut the other BHFS shooters some slack and shoot barebow this spring
    I am,...im even cutting the freestyle shooters some slack as well.....Im shooting my BHFS gear in the freestyle class!!!

this really is a FUN shoot, I highly encourage anyone that enjoys being outdoors, shoots a bow, and wants to have fun, to participate in this shoot. The Alaska State Archery Association is working with the Menard Sports Complex, and we just may have a range there as well as a public archery range. stay tuned for some future information on this. We will also be hosting our State Unmarked Yardage 3D shoot there as well. lets keep our attendance as HIGH as possible,....showing the need for a public archery range, we are hoping for a walk through range as well as a nice static/sight in range. Come support archery in Alaska!!!!!

Good luck to everyone, I am not going to make it this year so please post a bunch of pics so I can see how it went.

bring your mud boots,..it is a bit wet and muddy. looks like a fun and challenging shoot. bring a lot of arrows!!! Harry

Default just my thoughts

OK, lets hear some of the scores/placements----enquiring minds want to know. Did AK Bowhunter take it all?? Any scandals that need to be brought up? BTW Harry, I got a Monster---and it is awesome, might even shoot a turkey with it this weekendor should I say "try"