Thread: So, who is the Best Shot In Alaska???

Default So, who is the Best Shot In Alaska???

26th Annual Half-a-Beef Shoot held at the Tug Bar, mile 17.5 KGB Road outside of Wasilla, April 24-25. This contest has something for everybody. Four events: Centerfire Rifle, 100 yds, offhand, any sights, 5 shots; Rimfire Rifle, 50 ft, offhand, open/peep sights only, 5 shots; Handgun, 50 ft, open sights only, 5 shots; Shotgun, 10 shots trap targets, 5@16yd and 5@27yd.
    Cost is $100.00 all four events. 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prizes per event, highest score for the day, and overall. Shot over two days. Come out and show us what you can do. You don't have to be the best with everything, you just have to be reasonably proficient for the highest overall score. This contest has been going on for 26 years and is fun for the whole family. Camping and RV parking available. Any questions call Gordon at 745-4481.

That sounds like a very fun day.

Can't wait to move back, sounds like a great time for sure...

Smile what...

Now I ain't against spending a hundred bucks and being around a bunch of shooters. But if you think I am going to go up in front of all them folks just to have some high school girl out shoot me...

Default prizes

there are prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, in each event.Plus best overall day, each day So don't be scared.We've all been shooting the wings off of gnats at 100 yds since we were 8 yrs old right!!! See there nothing to it. Its easy, hope to see everyone out there. Oh yeah annie oakly shoots Fri & Sat nights

Default What no black powder?

If theres no smoke poles around then I can't get too excited about attending.

Default bring it on

Over 26 years there has been every kind of firearm you can imagine used in this shoot. I've seen the handgun event won with a 70 year old H&R 32 magnum, and the rifle event won with a 45-90 sharps. I've seen a pretty decent score in the shotgun event with an 1890-something-or-other Winchester lever-action 10 ga. And, like I said, we all know what we can do with a .22, RIGHT!!!! So don't be scared. BRING IT ON!

I have shot in this shoot for years and it is the best two days fun you can have. Three if you count the shot gun annie oaklys fri night. The one that always gets me is when someone asks about 22 you say 50 feet and it is the lowest scores of the event Hell I can drive tacks at 50 feet with a 22. but yet no one has showed me how to drive tacks, I just want to hit the black. Just plug along in each event Guys have won the overall without placing in an event. The good thing about this is all 4 events No one is good at all of them take an olympic rifle shooter and enter him in shotgun different game different scores

reddog you must have had a pampered life or slow start. there wasn't a gnat within a quarter mile of our place when I was 7 that had a wing on

Default Lessons

Kodialkid, back when I was a pup, and I was teaching the likes of Rick O'Shay, Hipshot, Josh Randall, Matt Dillon, Joe Carwright, Lucas McCain, The Duke, Hopalong, Red Ryder, Lash, Lone Ranger, Paladin, Roy Rogers, Tell Sackett, to name a few, we used to do a thing called ricochet shooting. We would bounce a bullet off a nail head, or sometimes a rock, THEN take the wings off a gnat! But, you're right, I didn't learn to do that until I was 8. Before that, it was just straight shootin'. And dragonflies on the wing with a handgun - we'll just save that for another thread...

Happy Trails!

p.s. who taught you how to spell "Kodiak," kid?

Hey redog I appreciate what you did for Hoppy Roy Joe Tell the Duke and all the rest We discussed it and I explained you can't start at the top "meaning me" you really have to start at the bottom and work your way up so guess who they got. and "dragon flies" with a pistol guess it is okay but hard for me to understand why such a large target.