Thread: Kenai shuttle and Kasilof shuttle

Default Kenai shuttle and Kasilof shuttle

Does anyone have the phone numbers of the Kenai shuttle and Kasilof shuttle? Also, what is the going rate?

Thanks in advance

The upper kenai shuttle is done out of wildmans. thier number is 907-595-1456

The rate for Bridge to jims is 40 bucks and sportsmans to jims is 25 bucks
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

When are they open? Druing the regular seaon, or all year?

The price on the grounds for sockeyes in the round averaged a dollar. 30 sockeyes weigh about 180 lbs. Just think how much you spend to go get your 30 fish, the shuttle, dipnet, waders, food, and licensing, not to mention risk. As I sit here and do the math I think I would just as soon buy directly from a gillnetter, and just think the fish don't have a speck of sand on them. You can use all the time you'll be saving to take the family on a meaningful peaceful camping trip to someplace less congested.
    You see I'm a problem solver. I like to look for simpler alternatives. No need to thank me I'm glad to pass the wisdom around

Default Really

I don't think that too many folks go fishing to save money.

I'd rather spend 300 bucks in gas and camping and get one fish than give 180 bucks to a gillnetter for a cooler full......there that oughta ruffle some fins........ :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    I don't think that too many folks go fishing to save money.

I'd rather spend 300 bucks in gas and camping and get one fish than give 180 bucks to a gillnetter for a cooler full......there that oughta ruffle some fins........ :-)
    Oh well I'm not tryn to ruffle fins, I'm offering an alternative...good day

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    The price on the grounds for sockeyes in the round averaged a dollar. 30 sockeyes weigh about 180 lbs. Just think how much you spend to go get your 30 fish, the shuttle, dipnet, waders, food, and licensing, not to mention risk. As I sit here and do the math I think I would just as soon buy directly from a gillnetter, and just think the fish don't have a speck of sand on them. You can use all the time you'll be saving to take the family on a meaningful peaceful camping trip to someplace less congested.
    You see I'm a problem solver. I like to look for simpler alternatives. No need to thank me I'm glad to pass the wisdom around
    The shuttle is for driftboat/raft fishing not dipnetting. A lot of those drift trips are for C&R trout fishing

So.....are they open all year? All I'm asking for is jims to ferry, are they open year round for that?

Bowdy, wildmans is open year round but Im not sure if the shuttle right now. give them a call at 595-1456

Lightbulb I've never had a problem hitching a ride.

Every year for the past 15 years. Just a thought.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Thanks Chuck.

Now, what about the Kasilof shuttle? I think Mark posted their number last year. I'd like to have those numbers programed into my phone before the summer starts.

In the summer and fall I hitch from Jims to sportsmans. In the winter it can get a bit slim on the ride offers. Even in the summer Ill pay when I leave from the bridge. It is just nice to hit the water and not spend the time doing the shuttle. Plus wildmans lets you keep an extra key at thier place. I have one thier "just in case" something happens to the key I carry on the boat

Default Kasilof shuttle

Vern and Nancy Kitchens do the shuttles on the Kasilof you can reach them at 398-1247.

Sadly, Vern Kitchen died in early July. I'll actually miss repeating myself two or three times and all the cigarette smoke on the ride up to Slackwater with him. He never missed a pickup in 3 years.

Not sure at this point if the Kasilof Shuttle phone number will be taken over by anyone. Please give an update if anyone finds a reliable shuttle for the Kasilof.