Thread: Anybody know a local source of a "Spra-Tool" to touch up Zolatone?

Default Anybody know a local source of a "Spra-Tool" to touch up Zolatone?

Some tape from the shipping lifted a couple bits from around my forward windows and I want to touch it up. Raider is sending me a pint each of paint and basecoat gratis (which I thought was very cool), I just need the stuff to spray it on.

Dont have a working compressor or spray gun.

ZolatoneAIM recommends the "Spra-Tool" as the best for touchups; its basically a can of propellant mated to a paint holder jar and a nozzle.

Online they only run about 10 bucks, but I'd like to pick it up locally than having to deal with shipping doubling the price.

Edit: Hi Tech Professional Paint on 63rd has it. And the extra propellant cans.
    Last edited by Maast; 04-01-2010 at 15:24. Reason: Answered my own question
    2696 Sea Raider Pilothouse
    "Dominion"

I have found that using a heat gun to make the propellant can WARM TO THE TOUCH really helps

You might try HiTech paint. I know that that is where GC gets the zolatone for their boats.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I called Hi Tech Paint after I dug some more through the AOD archives, they had one in stock. Picked it and another propellant can up after work -ran me 30 bucks.
    Ordering from the lower 48 was going to run me only $15 but cost $28 in shipping.

Thats a good idea to warm it up, wont use a heat gun though - too much of a chance of a big boom. Warm water would work though.
    2696 Sea Raider Pilothouse
    "Dominion"

Quote Originally Posted by Maast View Post
    I called Hi Tech Paint after I dug some more through the AOD archives, they had one in stock. Picked it and another propellant can up after work -ran me 30 bucks.
    Ordering from the lower 48 was going to run me only $15 but cost $28 in shipping.

Thats a good idea to warm it up, wont use a heat gun though - too much of a chance of a big boom. Warm water would work though.
    all i know is you need a big nozzle specially if you're doing touch ups cause the chunks come out bigger. I did my zolotone w/ a junky 30 dollar sprayer. I mixed 2 colors from their color chart and it turned out spectacular. Luckily I found 2 quarts of the original zolotone clear coat that was banned by the EPA (LOL) at some paint shop in a back alley in Mt. Vernon, its defo alot easier to work w/ as far as runs go. The temp couldn't haver been over 50 degrees in the warehouse, it took alot longer to kick but it just as hard
    Attached Images Attached Images